SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Mezco Toyz Living 10 Toy Soldier by Mezco Dead Dolls nnnwqu3523-New toy
- Baby's First Piglet - Fisher Price
- Spin Master Games Disney Beat the Parents by Spin Master Games
- ZSUO Weighted Blanket for Kids 50 x60 Inch Fleur De Lis,Digital Grunge Lily Emperor Flag Victorian Kingdom Imperial Theme Print Purple White colorful Home Couch Outdoor Travel Use
- KFZ Bed Set 4pcs Bedding Set Cartoon Animal Design Duvet Cover Without Comforter Flat Sheet Pillowcase XS Twin Full Queen King Rock Bear Sweetheart Champion Star (Little Bear, Pink, Queen，78 x90 )
- Pattern24 W63 x L45 Kids Blackout Room Darkening Curtains Vibrant colord Gummy Bears Candies Delicious Jelly Sugary Snack Chewy Sweet Taste Curtain Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Generic RC Mini Shark Fish Toy Drink Can Radio Remote Control Rc Animals Toys Boat Submarine Birthday Gift Electronic Water Game Toy Black
- YuGiOh Pandemonium (DCR094) Dark Crisis 1st Edition Common
- Splatoon Jako mesh Cap Purple
- Warhammer 40000 Dark Imperium Boxed Set
- All-Inclusive Flexible Sofa Cover for Living Room Elastic Stretch Modern Geometric Printing Couch Cover Slipcovers cubre Sofa color 14, 4seater 235-300cm
- Forever in Time Clear Cling Rubber Stamp Birthday Party Wishes with Clear Stamp Tool Set for Card Making Bundle
- Mahjong mat junk mat (japan import)
- Strawberry Shortcake Berry Sweet Beach Sweeties Doll by Strawberry Shortcake
- Solid wood hand-woven storage stool free inssizetion storage stool foyer shoe bench sofa stool large storage space ( Size 402932cm )
- McFarlane NFL Legends Series 4 Frank Tarkenton - Minnesota Vikings
- Panini 2017 NFL Score [German Version]
- Langley Models Funfair Cgoldnation Speedway Ride Motor N Scale 1 148 UNPAINTED Kit NQ12+MOT
- AMOS Glass Deco 5 Series Window Sticker Art 7 colors + 4 Special paint Sets
- Laliva H47 E56 Elfie Plus RC Quadcopter Spare Parts CW CCW Motor Big Gear arm Blades Set - (color Set 1)
- New Lightening Kid's Backpack Large Korean Style Backpack pink RED
- color02 54x90 (inch) Camping Outdoor Tablecloth W52 x L70 Kids Cute Baby Icons Doodle Style Various Toy Figures Newborn Toddler Scribble Collection Black White Suitable for Traveling Outdoors Family Restaurant Coffee sh
- Jigsaw Puzzle 1000 Piece Beautiful Scenery Classic Puzzle DIY Kit Wooden Toy Unique Gift Home Decor
- O'NO 99 Card Game From The Makers Of Uno 1980
- Hugh Jackman As Van Helsing Action Figure with Light Up Tower Playset - 2004 Van Helsing Monster Slayer Movie Series by Jakks Pacific
- Generic Nylon Wheel Tyres with Nylon Hubs Assembly for Scale 1 5 Losi 5ive Rovan LT RC Car Baja Spare Parts 2pc Red
- LEGO Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter 7868
- Flamingo Bird, 18 inches Total Size, 12 inches Body, 48cm 30cm, Plush Toy, Soft Toy, Stuffed Animal 3358
- Wishpets 13 Porcupine Plush Toy
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn