SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
C&D S-HK-0016 Stickers-Self Adhesive Action Figure Visionary nnnwqu1689-New toy
- Animal Head Mask Popular Cosplay Animals Mask Full Head Animal Mask Cosplay Carnival Costume Moving Mouth Dog Mask For Party For Party Fun Animal Mask Furry Mask ( color Black , Size 2525 )
- BloomerangDIY Unfinished Basswood Guitar Body Guitar Parts for SG Style 22 Frets Guitar
- Trademark Fine Art Stacked Around I by Grace Popp, 14x14
- Anyangeight Dragonfly, Digital Printing Blanket, Dragonfly Figure Over Little Circular Spots and Dots Kids Cartoon, Digital Printing Blanket, （W50 x L60 Inch Lime Green Pale bluee
- Kumkum Puzzle 45 Piece 3d Assembly Puzzles Yoshi by ensky
- Throw Blanket with Tuscan Decor Collection Tuscan House with Rustic Wooden Door and Flowers Image Living Kids Girls Room Dorm Accessories Yellow Pink Red Green Salmon Super Soft and Coz
- Bloody Wall Backdrop 4ft x 30ft (Standard) by CoolGlow
- Traxxas TRA5864 Front Tires & Wheels Robbie Gordon Slash
- Stampendous House Mouse Cling Stamp
- Household storage basket Laundry basket Dirty hamper Clothes and clothes Toy sundries storage basket Dirty clothes storage basket Room Tidies (color bluee, Size 30 40 43 cm 12 16 17 inch)
- Funtasma Women's Diva-3006X BPU Knee-High Boot,Black STR
- Living Dead Dolls Discover The Creature From The Black Lagoon Doll by Creature
- Hordes Skorne Cataphract Cetrati Unit Box (4 figures)
- Dress Up America Elite Boy's Pirate Costume (4 Years) by Dress Up America
- The Castle of Shikigami Shikigami No Shiro [Japan Import]
- 377. The Closer I Get to You - SWISS Jingle Jumbles – Monkey See Monkey Do Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song Choices - Old Spinning Wheel - SWISS
- Aurora World Meriel Mermaid 18 Plush
- Multi-function Family 2 Step Stool Solid Wood Step Stool Dressing Stool High And Low Ladder Stepping Portable Kitchen Step Stool
- Ty Beanie Boo Shadow The Black Cat Medium
- Piko 59270 Expert PKP Cargo SM42-733 Diesel Locomotive VI
- color02 30 Wx50 L WinfreyDecor Teen Room Home Throw Blanket Young Fashion Girl with A Hat and Glasses in Female Clothes Beauty Image Bedroom Warm 60 Wx60 L Black and White
- Magical Girl training plan ripple desk clock
- Mini FPV Camera Caddx Turbo EOS1 1200TVL 2.1mm 1 3 CMOS 16 9 4 3 Micro FPV Cam NTSC PAL RC Turbo Micro Dron Camera FPV DIY Parts PAL 16 9
- Wonder Festival 2008 summer limited Gurren Lagann Yoko sniper look ver. PVC Painted Figure (japan import)
- Farmerly Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Bed Cover All-Inclusive Slipcover for Sofa Without Armrest No Handrail Cover Size 160-210cm red, 180 to 210cm
- The Stupell Home Decor Pacific Crest Trail Aqua bluee and Pink Illustrated Scenic Map Poster Stretched Canvas Wall Art, 11x14, Multi-color
- ZhiHdecor Square Pillowcase Crabs,Sea Themed Cartoon Style Illustration of Cute Crabs Stars and Shells Pattern Art,Pale Coffee 24 x 24 Soft Toddler Pillowcases Set of 2
- Generic PIKO BLX Flight Controller FC for FPV Quad Race F3 Brushless CleanFlight
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn