SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
2x3M LPKH Tarpaulin TARPAULINS Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Truck Tricycle Tarp Tarpaulin Sheet Cover 8x15m) Ground (Size nnnwqu2023-Play Tents
- LEGO Star Wars Final Duel 1 Darth Vader & Emperor (7200)
- Imitation Universal Stretch Sofa Cover Flower Sofa Slip Couch Cover niture Home Decoration Towel K055, 4 Seater 230-300cm
- Red Z-Forcer Durable Thicken Chest Of Drawers, Bedroom Clothes European Style With Lock Assembled Storage Box Hall Locker, 60 40 113CM Multifunction (color White)
- Mt. Rainier, WA 1000 Piece Puzzle by Hoyle
- Moomin Knit Cap Write [BE Beige]
- ZJW Trampoline 40 Inches Mini Exercise for Adults and Kids Indoor Fitness Equipment for Garden Workout, Max Load 175Kg,A,Trampolines
- GENERATION GIRL Mari MY ROOM Doll 2000 by MATTEL
- WSGYX Inflatable Fighter Swimming Pool Floating Beach Inflatable Seat Floating Toy (150 140cm)
- The most lottery Girls & Panzer theater version Tank Road Battle PART2 D Award Sanders University High School Kei cushion
- Mega Bloks First Builders Tea Party
- Liberty Mens Tassel Slip-On 12 Black
- STAR TREK McCOY 8 RETRO CLOTH MEGO STYLE ACTION FIGURE
- Tamiya 1 24 Ferrari F40 ( Fawn )
- Slipcovers Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater 2017872, XL 235-300cm, Russian Federation
- Classic Comic Characters 08 Li'l Abner Statue by L'il Abner
- 1Piece Europe Style Sofa Covers Cotton Fabric Flower Pattern Sofa Towel Soft Slipcover Couch Cover for Living Room Home Decor 02 Sofa Towel 1 pcs, 70x180cm 1pcs
- Fast race car transporter, 1955
- PonyCycle Official Ride On Horse Walking Animal PlushToy wheeled No Battery No Electricity Mechanical Black with White Hoof Small for Age 3-5 kid baby
- Pattern08 W55 x L63 Beihai1Sun Kids Insulating Darkening Curtains Horizontally Striped Pattern with Brushstrokes Grunge and Weathered Look Curtain for Kids Room Pale bluee and Off White W63 x L45
- Rolly toys 710034 Franz Cutter Agredon Deutz 7250 Pedal Tractor
- Pattern12 W96 x L72 Beihai1Sun Llama Insulating Darkening Curtains Cute Llama Pattern with Abstract color Palette Cartoon Character Design Pink Animal Curtain for Kids Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- JETEHO 12 Pack Happy Birthday Glasses for Birthday Gift Party Supplies Decoration,Random Assorted Designs
- ON Box 10 Pieces This Model can (Candy Toy Gum)
- For the Crown variant All the King's Men - Fantasy Deckbuilding boxed board game by Victory Point Games
- Xiao Jian- Movie Avengers Infinite War Thanos Resin Statue Model Toy - 33cm (13.2 Inches) @
- Single Source Party Supplies - Round 5 Pastel Pearl Light bluee Latex Balloons Bag of 100
- DAKIN DREAM PETS ROQUEFORT 19 (ORIGINALLY 1169) by R. DAKIN & CO
- HYYQG Adult Mini Trampoline, Jumper Cardio Fitness Trampoline with Stability Bar Foldable Indoor Outdoor suitable for Kids over 8 years old, Weight Capacity 150 kg, green
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn