SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Chgoldi Wooden Interval Flute e-b nnnwqu2189-New toy
- White Mountain Puzzles Cardinals and Friends - 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
- MTS 985V 4 4 Size Violin Case
- Beistle 66777-5 48-Pack Plastic Junior Firefighter Hats, Red
- Size 8 1 2 x 2 Solid Tyre Mijia Scooter Replacement Tyre Xiaomi Electric Scooter Spare Airless Tire 8.5x2 Rubber Tire for M365 Scooter
- LEGO Super Heroes Marvel Minifigure - Captain America (Age of Ultron Version)
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Staircase Stepladder Dual-use Climb 4-step Foldable Shelving Ladder Storage Shelf Household Kitchen Indoor Ascend shoes Rack
- SY COMPACT Lunch Bag with Zip Closure Lunch Tote Bag for Men Women and Kids Lunch Box Insulated (Coffee)
- Floral Printing Stretch Elastic Sofa Cover Cotton Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Covers for Living Room colour7, Four-Seater
- MagicTao Safety Net by Richard T Smith & Mike Heesom - Trick
- Forum Novelties Men's Plus-Size Extra Big Fun Tex Costume Duster Coat
- E-flite Park 480 Brushless Outrunner Motor 1020Kv
- Almencla blueetooth Control Robot Tank Car Chassis Shock Absorption Car 9V 150 Rpm
- J.N.R. Passenger Ca Type Ohane14 Coarch (B-Shindai, 2nd Class Sleeper) (Model Train)
- Paint Set Faye Ballito Heart (Brush Washing Bucket Pink Version) No-Brand Goods (Sakura Watercolors)
- Electric Collector Slip Ring 2 4 6 Channel 2A Hole Slipring with Hole Dia. 5mm Out Diameter 22mm Turnable Gimbal Slip Rings 12 Channel 2A
- Junkers F13 (Rimowa) (Herpa Wings 019323) 1 87 Scale
- Free Shipping 4mm Shaft Assembly trasmission Shaft kit for RC Sculls Driven Boat tug Tugboat 100x150x26mm
- Weiss black Extra Booster Little Busters Card mission BOX
- Trend Enterprises Early Reading Learning Fun Pack, Trend
- San-X Sumikko Gurashi Mini Tote Bag [CU37201] (Japan Import)
- Canvas Prints Artwork,Wall Art Picture Abstract Nordic color And Printing Images Unique Decoration For Living Room Bedroom Print Stretched Canvas Prints,6 colors,3 Sizes ( color F , Size 6080CM )
- Appreciation Daiyu Bredher Hand-Made Dawn Goddess Necklace
- Bison Head Brown Paperraz 3D Cat Sculpture Animal Building Puzzle Low Poly PaperCraft Kit for Adults & Teens - NO Scissors Needed
- YOOHOO bluee Lemur with sound by Aurora
- DC Direct Green Lantern Hal Jordan Figure Original DC direct Card by DC Direct
- Frank Kozik Labbit Elf 7-Inch Plush by Kidrobot
- Barbie Hollywood The Wizard of Oz Glinda the Good Witch Doll
- PlusPlus 600Piece Basic Assortment by Plus
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn