SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
WWE Adrenaline Series 25 Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin Action Figure 2-Pack nnnwqu2356-New toy
- Lyjfzkjgs Large Jumbo Inflatable Giant Sunglasses Yellow Duck On Rideable Blow Up Summer Fun Pool Toy Lounger Raft For Adults With Rapid Valves,Car Air Pump
- Anime Keychain Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 joc Dragon Ball One Piece Sailor Moon Naruto Pretty Astro Boy acrylic
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00230-C1414GG Floral Medallion Ii by Vision Studio Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Round Card Holders with Carrying Storage Case, Black (6-Pack of 4)
- Pit Bull Tires RC PB9005NK 1.55 Growler at Extra with Komp Kompound Crawl Tire
- D DOLITY 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY House Kits with Furniture Accessory DIY Handicrafts Project (Barbecue Shop & Beancurd Mill)
- Blesiya 1 6 Scale Rubber Skin Europena Shape Female Steel Body for 12inch Kumik Phicen Toys
- Generic Kids Toys Collection 1 16 Authentic ErtlFarmall B Tractor Diecast Car Agriculture Vehicle Model Engineering Vehicles Model
- Generic S550 550mm PCB Board Frame kit Upgrade Hexacopter with Carbon Fiber Landing Gear for FPV Multicopter
- JSFQ Toy Figurine Toy Model Movie Character Collection Ornament Height 26cm Toy statue
- DC Comics Toy Collectable - Batman Animated Series - 6.75 Inch Deluxe Man Bat Action Figure
- LPKH Tarpaulin Tarp Sheet PVC Truck Canvas Waterproof Tarpaulin TARPAULINS Ground Sheet Cover (color Green, Size 2.8 4.8m)
- Heavy Duty Plastic Kids Square Table Chairs-bluee Table 3pcs Set 2
- Kingkong ET100 ET115 ET125 100mm 115mm 125mm Mini RC Quadcopter Drone Frame UAV Frame DIY ET115
- Multi-function 2.8+2.8=5.6m Step Stool Step Stool - Telescopic Ladder Herringbone Ladder Folding Ladder Lift Ladder Aluminum Ladder Thickening Engineering Ladder - Load 200kg (Size Multi-Function 2.8+2.8=5.6m)
- The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Nendgoldid PVC Actionfigur Estelle Bright 10 cm
- Farmerly Plum Blossom Flower Non-Slip Sofa Cover Spandex Stretchy Elastic Sofa Cover Case Slipcover All-Inclusive Furniture Cover Style 2, 3 Seats
- Felix Faust Super Villain DC Comics Deck Building Game Promo by DC Comics
- Nici Alpaka 100cm standing, filled hard, for sitting
- Railway collection iron Kore JR123 series UNO line 2-car sets
- Beistle 55293-MC 12-Piece Tissue Fans, 25-Inch
- PSDWETS Happy Halloween Decorations Cute Watercolor Kids,Cat and Pumpkin Pillow Covers Set of 4 Home Decor Cotton Linen Throw Pillow Covers Cushion Cover 18 X 18
- Captain America 3 Civil War - Hawkeye Action Figure 1 6 Scale
- Lightweight Balance Bike For Kids - 2, 3 & 4 Year Olds (color bluee)
- Multi-Function and Thick Oxford Cloth Aluminum Alloy Camping Folding Chair, Light bluee for BBQ Camping Fishing Hiking Beach,Versatility
- Trademark Fine Art Dream in Pink Vii by Jennifer Jorgensen, 14x14-Inch
- SHOCK SET (INFERNO NEO F) (japan import)
- The Regal Past Master Necktie by Masonic Revival (Width 2.5 Slim)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn