SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Marvel Spider-Man 7.6cm Card Game & Puzzle Set 1 Checkers, nnnifd3689-New toy
- Nordic Style Modern Printing Sofa Cover Stretch Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Removable Slipcover for Living Room Furniture Covers color 19, 3seater 190-230cm
- Elastic Sofa Cover Armrest Slipcovers All-Inclusive L-Shaped Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Covers copridivano 1 2 3 4 Seater 1PC color 14, 1seater 90-140cm
- Laliva 200cm 45mm Diameter Length Assortment Heat Shrink HeatShrink Tubing Tube Sleeving Wrap Wire for FPV RC Lipo Battery
- Super Soft Blankets Zodiac Aries Cartoon Style Funny Sheep Sitting on a bluee Cloud Birth and Future Kids Design All Season Blanket W60 xL51 Sofa,Picnic,Camping,Beach,Everyday use
- Aurora World My Little Pony Fluttershy Pony 13 Plush by AURORA
- MiDee Lyrical Dress Dance Costume Illusion Sweetheart Sequins Tank Top Triangle Skirt
- MAISTO 1 18 SPECIAL EDITION LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO ROADSTER
- orange 3 Vizari Odyssey Soccer Ball
- K MISSING KINGS ba tian mei xiao 1 8 wan cheng pinfigyua Misaki Yata 1 8 Complete Figure Altair
- Alesis Recital 88-Key Digital Piano with Full-Size Semi-Weighted Keys
- 1PC Double Electric Winch 813127.5MM 6-9V Winch with CNC Trailer Hook for Climbing RC Car Shell Body Parts Black
- 4x6M LPKH Tarpaulin Waterproof Duty Tarpaulin PE Tarp,Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Covers for Camping, Fishing, Gardening and Pets (Size 6x12m)
- ToySource orange Tango The Tiger 25 Plush Collectible Toy, orange, 25
- Piano Mat, 53 Inches 10 Keys Giant Jumbo Sized Musical Keyboard Playmat With Record Playback Demo Play Learning Adjustable Vol Foldable Floor Keyboard Piano Dancing Activity Mat Step And Play Instrume
- Baby Play mat 160 cm -Velvet Play mat-Play mat Baby-Play mat-Baby Carpet-Flower,Star Shape-Baby Kids Carpet-EU Handmade-CE Certified for Safety
- Unique Art 21-Inch Tall bluee Lapis Ocean Table Top Gemstone World Globe with 4 Leg Silver Stand
- TrueScale Miniatures TSM154315 1 43 Scale 2014 Bentley GT3 No.7 GT Class Winner Silverstone Model Car by TrueScale Miniatures
- Trademark Fine Art Romantic Luxe XI Light Art by Janelle Penner, 14x14
- Trademark Fine Art Le Pig 1
- Namura B bluer brush No.10 (japan import)
- Special Natural Old Beeswax Original Stone ore Amber Blood Amber Bracelets Bracelet Buddha Necklace Pendant Men Material Men and Women
- US Toy Nurse Cap (2 Pack)
- Sideshow Hellboy I Deluxe 30cm Figure
- Neon Genesis Evangelion eva-01testtype (Repaint Limited Edition Metallic color Version) by Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Expo IR8087TR-10 10 Yards of pinktte & Embroidery Flower Trim Turquoise
- color10 50 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Pink and Purple,Ombre Mandala Design Ethnic Eastern Pattern Chakra Meditation Hippie Art,Purple Pink colorful Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use 50 x60
- DreamWorks Turbo Whiplash vs Police Car 2 Pack Vehicle Set
- KABE OFSupplement Great Britain 2016
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn