SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Club Pack of 6 Red Plush Royal Medieval King Adjustable Crown Party Hats nnnifd3856-New toy
- 18K Yellow gold Swirl Earring Backs Jumbo 9mm (1 Pair)
- Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn 24 Pk-Red Balloon
- Fityle Mini Stirling Engine Motor Model Educational Toy Kits, Hot Air Steam Powered Toy, Physics Experiment
- Pop Heroes DC Comics - The Flash (Limited Metallic Chase Edition) 10
- Keruite Cute Walking Singing Electric Dogs Plush Toys for Kids
- HG Gundam 00 Core figure Gashapon set Part 3
- Size 2 Balloon Felt Wall Hanging bluesh by Oon Home Size Size 2
- 3dpink ht_154325_3 Initial Letter B Personal Monogram Black White Typography Elegant Iron on Heat Transfer Paper for White Material, 10 by 10-Inch
- Insulated Lunch Bag for Women Girls, DIY Lunch Box with Shoulder Strap, Reusable Large Lunch Cooler Tote Bag for Meal Prep
- Canvas wardrobe,Simple Wardrobe Oxford Cloth Wardrobe Steel Frame Folded Bold Reinforcement 25MM Steel Tube Double Queen Wardrobe,11
- 1pcs Flower Leaf Pattern Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Spandex niture Decoration Covering Hotel Slipcover 013 A, one seat
- Elastic Sofa Covers for Living Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Strech Sofa Slipcover 1 2 3 4 Seater colour18, Single-Seater
- Sandtastik Floral colord Play Sand - 10 lbs. by Sandtastik
- Farmerly Plant Animals Printing Sofa Towel Furniture Predector Spandex Stretch Sofa-slipcovers Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Corner Sofa Cover 11, 3 seat
- Batman Knightfall Action Figure Catwoman
- Disguise Merida Classic Disney Princess Brave Disney Pixar Costume, X-Small 3T-4T by Disguise
- Commands and colors Ancients Expansion Combo Pack 2 and 3 - Board Game - Historical Wargame by GMT Games
- 58m LPKH Tarpaulin PVC Tarpaulin, Sunscreen Tarp Canvas Car Truck Awning Cloth TARPAULINS Ground Sheet Cover (Size 5 9m)
- Walls 360 Peel & Stick Wall Decals Wild Grinders Action Pack Meaty (12 in x 10.25 in)
- Yu-gi-oh - Cyberdark Dragon (Dp04- En014) - Duelist Pack 4 Zane Truesdale - Unlimited Edition - Super Rare
- Super Mario Bredhers Yoshi Green 10 inches Plush by Super Mario Bredhers
- Pictographic Xuanhua Warring States Onyx Flower Diamond Moon and Stars Bodhi Barrel Bead Bracelets top Bead Necklace Pendant Beads 165CM
- The Mama Mia Murders - Murder Mystery Game for 12 Players
- Elevator Girl Hanaharu Naruko Original Character 1 7 Scale Figure
- 16-inch Premium Backgammon Set - Medium Size - Black Board Scarlet Red and Patriot bluee Points
- FORTR HOME Gramophone Design Cartoon Cute Bear redating Music Box for Birthday Gift Interesting Toy
- Disney Pixar Cars 3 Faux Wheel Drive Die-cast Vehicle
- Creative Grids Charming 13cm Square Quilt Template Template 1 the Charming 5 Square (CGRFFQ1)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn