SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Wood color GLJJQMY Portable Folding Stool Climbing Stairs Solid Wood Chair Suitable for Kitchen Multi-Function Home Living Room Ladder (color White) Staircase Shrinking nnnifd4189-Step Stools
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- Red bluee X-Large Disguise Women's Mario Skirt Version Adult Costume Red
- Linen Polyester Sofa Cover Towel Slipcover 1 2 3 4-Seat Single Two Three Four-Seater Stretch Korean Cover for Couch Sofa 09 Sofa Towel 1PCS, Left Chaise 170x260
- Black 36 Elegant Martin Boots Joker Suede Stiletto Booties Women's High-heeled fashionable
- FKYGDQ Anime Boutique Decoration Black White Toy Model Game Character Souvenir Crafts Decorations Gifts Collectibles Birthday Gift Height 26cm Toy Statue (color White)
- LEGO Friends 41088 Puppy Training (Discontinued by manufacturer)
- Baby Girl With Crown Personalised Baby Shower Invitations
- Generic 1 5 rc car,Front Wheels Off-Road Small Nail tire (x 2pcs Set) fit hpi rovan km Baja 5b
- MATCHBOX SUPER FAST 1987 CORVETTE 14 by Matchbox
- Star Trek The Next Generation LCARS 15 Messenger Bag
- Sailor Moon Store General-Purpose Flip Case Serenity
- Fastness Treehouse DIY coloring Pillowcase Decoration, 18 Inch Square with A Set of 12 Doodle color Pens, Creative Gift for Kids (Treehouse)
- YOYI-HOME Cotton Thermal Duplex Printed Blanket,Its a Girl Message Happy Cat Little Flower Retro Pattern Pink Green White Soft and Breathable Cotton W39.5 x H59
- BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Camo,Grungy Worn Old Texture Abstract Stars Vintage Mosaic Form Print, Dark Green Army Green Khaki Couch Bed,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Lego Plush Buddy Figure 13 Tall
- Vipsung Throw Blanket with Day of The Dead Decor Spanish Mexican Festive Theme Skeleton Girl with Flowers Print Beige and Dimgrey Super Soft and Cozy Fleece Blanket
- What Kids Want Frozen Large Music Set by What Kids Want
- Irregular Geometric Printing Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Couch Cover Stretch Corner Slipcovers for Living Room color 22, 3seater 190-230cm
- 400 X Premium Heavy Duty Disposable White Plastic '6 Compartment' Plates - 9x12
- Squishmallows Super Soft Plush Toy Pillows (Red Fox)
- Rectangular Handheld Magnifier Magnifying Glass (3X Magnification) - Easy to Store Carry - Large Horizontal Viewing Area for Reading Small Prints & Low Vision
- JGSDF 96WAPC TypeA 11th Tank Battalion [Limited Ver.] (Plastic model) 1 35
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn