SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Mercedes S600 (V221) Diecast Model Car L Benz nnnifd4356-New toy
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- CQOZ Anime Cartoon Toy Model Game Character Souvenir Crafts Decorations Gifts Collectibles Birthday Gift High 21cm Character statue
- BRATZ WINTER ADVENTURE CAMPFIRE CLOE
- pink Expo International Products Black
- Montmartre windmills and plowing MADE4U [ Post-Impressionism 2 Van Gogh Series ] [ 20 ] [ Thicker (1 ) ] [ Wood Framed ] Paint by Numbers Kit with Brushes and Paints (Apricot Flowers) HYXPII4026
- Simple Bird Shape Cookie Cutter
- Sunstar rear sprocket 428-43T TW200 E RY-005-43
- Fancy Gardens 7 foot tall Festive Flower Wind Spinner with Solar Ball -- Decorative Lawn Ornament Wind Mill - Unique Outdoor Lawn and Garden Décor - Solar wind spinner
- Pokemon Card Sun and Moon Night Unison Dedenne GX 065 055 HR SM9a Japanese
- Touken Ranbu Tapestry 38 Shokudaikiri Mitsutada
- Aoshima Bunka Kyozai 1 700 Water Line Series Destroyer 1-6
- Art Wall 1deg006a1418p Edgar Degas's Ballet Rehersal Art Appeelz Removable Wall Art Graphic, 14 X 18-Inch
- TKC Air Circus Bubble Factory
- Metal Dice Set 6 d6 16mm Dice gold
- Baoblaze 2 set Montessori Sensory Toys Pink Tower+Cylinder Blocks Family Set Educational Toy Gifts
- Homyl 300 pieces Round Plastic Coin Capsules Container Storage Holder Case 30 37 38mm
- Pretty Mint Green & Sage Diamante Personalised Engagement Party Invitations
- Farmerly New Sofa Cover Solid color Elastic Polyester Spandex Couch Elastic Furniture Predector 1 2 3 4-Seat Slipcover Chair Covers Wine red, Four Seater
- Size 80 da Vinci Varnish & Priming Series 2470 Mottler Brush, Size 200
- Flannel Fleece Throw Blankets for Bed Couch, Soft Warm Fuzzy Plush Microfiber All-Season Lightweight Sofa Blanket Stadium Throws - Throw 40x50 Inch Cute Girl Wearing a Christams Hat Snowflake Purple
- Silicone Bicycle Seat Cushion, Thick Super Soft Bicycle Mountain Bike Saddle Comfortable Bicycle Accessories and Equipment
- Zhangmeiren Anime Steel Spiderman Venom Toy Model Slaughter Deadly Guardian Dead Waiter Anime Cartoon Game Character Model Statue (color F)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn