SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Mercedes S600 (V221) Diecast Model Car L Benz nnnifd4356-New toy
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- (Single sheet) 500 sheets BP0103 Avery Best Price Edition invoice (japan import)
- Baby Annabell 700709 Travel Seat
- Farmerly Furniture Couch Elastic Printing Predector Slip Cover Removable Anti-Dirty Spandex Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Seat Case Living 6, Three Seater
- Lego Star Wars 9493 - X-Wing Starfighter
- Disney Funko Pop The Little Mermaid EXCLUSIVE Nerd Ariel Vinyl Figure RARE Series 66 by Disney
- Diamond2Deal Women's 925 Sterling Silver 8mm Antiqued Oval Link Bracelet 8.5inch
- Scalextric C3653 1 32 Scale Ford GT40 Slot Car
- 70x40cm Qing MEI Wall Table Wall Hanging Table Wall Table Hanging Wall Table Computer Wall Hanging Table Wall Hanging Simple Wall Table A++ (Size 70x50cm)
- Vetanya treh lipover ofa Over etional elati ouh ae for fferent ofa All-inluive Lip-reitant 20181462, XL 235-300m
- Wlgreatsp Drone UAV 2.4GHz 170 Degree One Key Return Video
- Stripe Circle Sofa Cover Tight Wrap Slipcovers All-Inclusive Anti-Slip Elastic Sofa Covers Stretchy Sofa Case for 1 2 3 Seater Chocolate, 80 150cm
- Game society set S-52 exciting Sylvanian Families
- DQQ Electric Remote Control Full Functional Forklift Toy Pretend Play for Kids 1 22 Scale Red
- Glass Beads of Swarovski Elements Bicone 4mm (Pastel Satin Mix), 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- Yellow Plastic Mini Construction Hats 12 Pack
- White 90X50cm Qing MEI Household Small Folding Table Wall-Mounted Desk Wall-Mounted Space-Saving Computer Desk Home Multi-Function Kitchen Table - 2 colors, 10 Sizes (color Black, Size 70x40cm)
- Loteria Traditional Lottery Game for Ages 3 and Up
- 390. Tiny Bubbles (Lpobber Don Ho) - SWISS MusicBoxAttic 18 Note Movement Pull String With Case - Over 400 Song Choices - Fiddler on the Roof - SWISS
- Glass Beads of Swarovski Elements round 6mm (Fuchsia), 360 Pieces
- Imports Dongdaemun Cross Quintana Retro 925 Sterling Silver Foot Chain Anklets
- Penguin with ice and mobile ZOO (japan import)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn