SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Dragon Shield Sleeves - by Dragon Shield 100 Red nnnifd4527-New toy
- MS IN ACTION (Mobile Suit In Action) ZGMF-X56S Sword Impulse Gundam VPS (Variable phase shift) armored version (japan import)
- LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Explorer
- Lindner T184 85 Malta - Year 1985 to 1999
- RenteriaDecor Constellation,Soft Blankets Doodle Chalk Writing Style Zodiac Star Clusters and Sign Names for Couch Bed Living Room 60 x50
- Florencenid 4Pcs 64mm Metal Beadlock Rim for 1 10 RC Rock Crawler Axial SCX10 RR10 90053 AX10 Wraith 90056 90045 RC Car Accessories
- Moslion Floral Blanket Watercolor Pink pink Flower with Green Leaves Throw Blanket Flannel Home Decorative Soft Cozy Blankets 60x80 Inch for Adults Kids Sofa bluee
- Breyer Stablemates Dude Ranch Play Set
- Itzu Oversized Slouch Rasta Stripes Beanie Hat Black Green Yellow Red
- Safavieh Courtyard Collection CY2653-1E06 Olive and Natural Indoor Outdoor Area Rug, 2 feet by 3 feet 7 inches (2' x 3'7 )
- Stool-Make-up, living room solid wood sofa bench, home retro shoe bench artificial leather small
- Gundam RB79 Mobile Pod Ball Ver.Ka (MG) Master Grade w Clear Parts 1 100 Scale Plastic Model Construction Kit
- ZMM FPV RC Drone 2.4G 4CH WiFi FPV RC drone with HD camera folding RC quadcopter aircraft altitude hold mode without head a return key
- Jim Hensons Muppets Series 5 Janice Variant Silver Top by Palisades Toys
- Kotobukiya - The King Of Braves GaoGaiGar figurine Model Kit D-Style Star Gao
- Ultimate Sketch Pad Mini 2.0
- Robot Spirits - Percival Knightmare Frame Exclusive (Code Geass R2)
- G3I - CCTV NETWORK IR MINI DOME CAMERA 2MP POE 3.6MM LENS DC12V IP66 DAY NIGHT
- Qivor 2 Ladder Step Stool Folding Solid Wood Step Ladder - Climbing High Bathroom Anti-skid Ladder, Height 40cm, Wood color
- C JIANPING Folding Step Stool Heavy Steel Step Stool 2-step Multi-function Portable With Anti-slip Mat Assembly Simple Ladder, 5 colors Optional step stool (color B)
- Generic 700TVL Camera 7 inch LCD 1024 x 600 Monitor NO bluee FPV 5.8G TS832 Transmitter RC832 RC832H Receiver 600mW 48CH Fatshark Antenna
- Sterling Silver pink Tone Floating Heart & Cubic Zirconia Charms in Transparent Disc Necklace
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn