SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
ZCP Drone, Inductive Remote Voice Function, Fixed Height Remote Quadcopter (color RED) nnnifd1023-New toy
- My Hero Academia roar acrylic stand Hanami ver
- MaxTronic RC Excavator, 2.4G 1 14 Remote Control Construction Toy Bulldozer Vehicle Model Engineering Car Toys for Kids
- 3 Twin yiranjiafang Unicorn Series 3D Bedding Set Print Duvet Cover Set Lifelike Bed Sheet (4, Twin)
- LI JING SHOP - green Acrylic Mahjong card, Home Hand rubbing large Mahjong, size L-3.7 2.8 2.2CM ( color 002 , Size L-18.104.22.168CM )
- Music box - unpainted 3 angels - painted and harp 15.0 cm Music box NEW
- Handmade Letter Pillow Letter Cushion Nursery Decor Throw Pillows Gifts for Girl
- Star Wars Air Hogs Tie Fighter Drone
- Ball-7(3pcs) Kid Backpack Backpack with Insulated Lunch Bags Polyester Kids School Book Bag 2 Piece Set (color Football 1(3pcs))
- Sheet of 20 Wedding Cake two-ounce rate Forever stamps by USPS
- Farmerly Modern Without Armrest Sofa Cover Multifunction Sofa Slipcover Big Elastic Fabric Anti-Mite 160-210cm bluee Star Sofa Bed Covers 09, 180-210cm
- [Set of 3] Pro Sports Spiral Foam Football - 8.5
- Constructive Playthings CPX-554 CP Toys Pretend Play Veterinarian 30 Pc. Playset with Stuffed Puppy & Kitty
- Zoom Tubes RC Car Trax, Tubular Fun Bundle 25-Pc Main Kit with 1 bluee Racer & 25-Pc Tubular Expansion Kit (As Seen on TV)
- B XSJZ Narrow trolley Narrow Trolley, Floor 4 Storey Storage Rack Fruit Basket Multi-layer Storage Clip Sewing Rack Dish Rack Trolley Storage Shelf (color B)
- Sailor Moon Crystal mirror Sailor Mercury
- Global Game Changers Make Me a Superhero Activity Kit, Hot Pink, 26 Long by Global Game Changers
- Matchbox Stinky Vehicle by Matchbox
- Funko Godzilla - Classic Clear Godzilla
- Funko POP Harry Potter Hermione Granger & Ron Weasley (Yule Ball) - Stylized Vinyl Figure Set NEW
- Learning Resources LER9225 Gears Robot Factory Building Set
- Ocamo RC Quadcopter with HD Camera Remote Control Drone Helicopter RC Toys Selfie Drone
- Trademark Fine Art Ode to Gauguin IV by Jennifer goldberger, 14x14
- Click4deal Big Teddy Bear 6 Feet Long Wearing Happy New Year T-Shirt ( Bear 180 cm ) with Free Heart Shape Pillow White
- Marvel Legends 6 Figure Bishop Bald Variant
- Coleman 31.2l Party Stacker Cooler
- Sofa Blanket Spa,Zen Garden Asian Self-Control Freshening Insight in Daily Life Mindful Activity Print,Green Pink Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Doctor Who - 12 Radio Control Black Dalek
- Generic ch Bleeder Hand Held Brake Held Brak Tester Set er Tester Set Bleed Kit Kit Clutch Bleeder orbike Vacuum Pump Car Motorbike ar Moto
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn