SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Beer Belly Bags - Performance Series 8 pcs ACL Approved Resin Filled - Side Slick Side Cornhole Sticky nnnifd1523-New toy
- Crystal Productions CP0190 Colour for The Artist,Grade
- Portable Director's Chair Folding Breathable Mesh Aluminum Camping Fishing Garden Chair,Quick Set up and fold Down,Versatility (color Green)
- Scientific Kidney Section Nephrons Blood Vessels and Renal Corpuscle
- Fat Shark FSV1254 - Ultra Micro FPV Transmitter Camera 5.8G 25mW 7CH VTX
- Cheekbone Electronics Toy,DIY Circuits kit for Kids,Educational Science Kit Toy 335
- MODOLO 2 Pack Inflatable Bunny Rabbit Ears Ring Toss Game with Rings Easter Party Games for Family Kids (2 Rabbit Ears and 8 Rings)
- YuGiOh Gyroid (BP01EN190) Battle Pack Epic Dawn 1st Edition Common
- Cobi Small Army Military block WWII World War II 2491 Soviet IS-2M Heavy Tank [COBI Japan regular sole agent]
- Loftus International Shaking Lightup & Sound Prisoner Skeleton Ghost 33 Animated Prop Tan Green Novelty Item
- Sectional Sofa Cover 1pc Furniture Covers with Geometric Pattern Fashion Decoration for Living Room 100% Cotton Couch Slipcover san Jiao li ti, 110cmX110cm 1pc
- Farmerly Furniture Couch Elastic Printing Predector Slip Cover Removable Anti-Dirty Spandex Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Seat Case Living 8, Three Seater
- (size 31-34) - PJ MASKS in Line Skating
- 4 Blade 13x8 14x8x 15x6 15x8 15x10 CCW Wooden Propeller High Quality for Scale RC Gas Airplane Model 15x10 CCW Pull 2pcs
- 1pc Couch Cover for Living Room Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Towel One Two Three Four-Seater Candy Purple, Three Seater
- Green Board Games Jurassic Jumble
- All-Inclusive Sofa Couch Cover Stretch Furniture Slipcover Elastic Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Single Two Three Four-Seater 9, Three Seater
- New Frsky Receiver Antenna 15cm 2.4G IPEX Port Suitable Spare Antenna to The Receiver FRSKY XM (XM+) X4R X4RSB S6R XMPF3E 20PCS
- Marvel Gallery Avengers 3 Hulkbuster DLX PVC Fig
- The Stupell Home Decor New Hampshire Black and White Photograph on Cream Paper Postcard Wall Plaque Art 13 X 19 Multi-color
- Cobi 1762 COBI Action Town Rescue Helicopter Building Kit
- Fast & Furious 1 55 Diecast Asst- Dodge Charger ST Dodge Charger OR Chevy Chevelle SS Vehicle (3 Pack)
- Baby Doll Bedding Crocodile Window Valance, Charwomeny
- Imperial Officially Licensed NHL Billiard Pool Table Naugahyde Cover, 8-Foot Table
- Script Font Tattoo Pro Stencils - Graffiti Letters Set
- Farmerly WLIARLEO Big Elastic Sofa Cover Anti-Mite Cover for Couch Printed Armrest Sofa Towel Single Double Three Four-Seat capa de Sofa Sofa Cover 23, Single seat 90x140cm
- A Toy Bulldozer Build and Play Toy Set From Verzabo That Comes With 116 Different Pieces That Assemble Into a Construction Bulldozer
- Alexander Girlz Rainy Day Doll Set - 18 Caucasian Doll with Blonde Hair & Red Raincoat & Umbrella by Alexander Doll Company - Madame Alexander
- OXFORD RAIL OR76DG002XS 2409 Dean Goods BR Early DCC Sound
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn