SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
WXFO Toy Statue Toy Model Exquisite Ornament Decoration Collectibles Birthday Gift 27cm Anime model nnnifd1856-New toy
- Rugrats Embroidered Logo Snapback Hat
- Generic Racing Traxxas Summit E-Revo Revo Aluminum Piggyback Reservior Shocks RVO128AR06
- Hot Wheels DGD30 Double Booster Power Train
- Sportagraphs CLIFF RICHARD HAND SIGNED & FRAMED AUTOGRAPH PHOTO MOUNT DISPLAY MUSIC GIFT COA
- 1 24 Real Sports Car Series No.57 McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail Le Mans 1998 41 (japan import)
- Yoton HRB 1300mAh 2S 3S 3.7V 7.4V 11.1V Lipo Battery T Dean XT60 Female Plug 45C 14.8V 18.5V 22.2V 1S 4S 5S 6S for Drone Toys RC Parts - (color 2S 7.4V T Plug)
- Scooter Kick Folding Kids Kick with Adjustable Handrail, Adults with Extra Wide Wearresistant PU Wheel, Reinforced Deck, 100kg Load (color Black)
- SUPERGIRL - Marvel - Women of the DC Universe bust series Supergirl 14 cm 3
- Trumpeter 1 32 Shenyang FT5 Trainer 2-Seater Fighter by Stevens International
- 3 Sizes - Wrought Iron Folding Stool - Adult Chair Non-Slip Ladder with Non-Slip Foot Pedal - Outdoor Portable footrest Ladder Storage Rack Flower Stand High Quality (Size 4 Tiers)
- Europe Style Brown Striped slipcover finged Cotton Cloth Sofa Cover Furniture Couch cobers fundas de Sofa SP3467 Free Shipping Brown as pic, 110cm160cm
- YSH Kids Balance Bike Learn To Ride Toys With Adjustable Seat Carbon Steel Frame 1-6 Years,bluee-EVAtire-12''
- Lenox Federal gold Covered Sugar
- Lego Star Wars 7663 Sith Inflitrator
- D School Backpack Backpack Men's Backpack Business Men's 15.6-Inch Computer Bag Large Capacity Travel Backpack (color D)
- Wonderworld Mini Toy Helicopter by Wonderworld
- Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Fun at The Fair
- color09 55\ WinfreyDecor Seagulls Insulated Sunshade Curtain Cartoon Kids Summertime Noise Reducing 55 Wx63 L
- LsWOW Blanket Basket Abstract,Cartoon Style Floral Pattern with greenical Stripes Background, Pale orange Apple Green Black Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
- Brand Durable Waterproof Plastic golden Playing Card Deck gold Foil Poker Set Magic Card Dubai 24K Plated Poker Table Games
- Kendama Tribute - Purple - 5 Hole by Kendama Co
- Toys R Us K'NEX True Legends Castle Clash Play Set by Toys R Us
- Farmerly Minimalist Geometric Stripe Printing Sofa Predective Slipcover Case Anti-Dirty Dust-Proof Elastic Couch Seat Cover for Living 6, Single seat
- Box Music Van Gogh Creative Crystal Ball Music Box Resin Craft Ornaments for Birthday Gift-Sunflower
- Drakerys Accessory Box Sceneries Set A
- LEGO 75913 Speed Champions F14 T and Scuderia Ferrari Truck Set
- Cabbage Patch Kids Holiday 2012 Limited Edition( Blond Hair ,bluee Eyes) by Jakks
- Edushape Play & Sound Mat 40 x40 , 25 Piece
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn