SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
I Stools- Wooden Bench- Stool Furniture Solid Wood Classical Square Stool Change shoes Bench Bench Stool HATHOR-23 (color E) Small Mahogany nnnifd2023-Stools
- LEGO Star Wars Final Duel 1 Darth Vader & Emperor (7200)
- Imitation Universal Stretch Sofa Cover Flower Sofa Slip Couch Cover niture Home Decoration Towel K055, 4 Seater 230-300cm
- Red Z-Forcer Durable Thicken Chest Of Drawers, Bedroom Clothes European Style With Lock Assembled Storage Box Hall Locker, 60 40 113CM Multifunction (color White)
- Mt. Rainier, WA 1000 Piece Puzzle by Hoyle
- Moomin Knit Cap Write [BE Beige]
- ZJW Trampoline 40 Inches Mini Exercise for Adults and Kids Indoor Fitness Equipment for Garden Workout, Max Load 175Kg,A,Trampolines
- GENERATION GIRL Mari MY ROOM Doll 2000 by MATTEL
- KTYXGKL Car Model 1 50 Tanker Simulation Alloy Die-Casting Toy Jewelry Engineering Car Collection Jewelry 28x5x7CM Model car
- Yellow RANRANJJ Ice Cream Shopping Trolley Set Toy Music Lighting Pretend Food Play Set Cake Set Toy (color Yellow)
- Harry Potter Hogwarts School list tote bag Harry Potter Hogwarts School List Tote [parallel import goods]
- Core Bamboo Classic Pin-Stripe Board Combo Pack Natural Small Medium Large
- Creative Grids Quilting Template Ruler Cat's Cradle XL CGRDH1XL
- The Most Lottery Weekly Shonen Jump 50 Anniversary Jump Cushion C Awards Naruto Naruto
- Round Sewing Basket Bird Script Birch 010609
- Thirstystone N179 Cheese Spreaders, Lobster
- 17 Key Finger Kalimba Mbira Sanza Thumb Piano Pocket Size Beginners Instrument White
- Maisto R C Twist and Shoot Radio Control Vehicle (colors May Vary)
- Trademark Gameroom NBA6000-MH3 NBA Cue Rack with Mirror - City - Miami Heat
- LsWOW Weighted Blanket for Kids Wedding,Two Big Rings on Vibrant Abstract Background Marriage Engagement Icons Art Print, Silver gold Reversible Soft Fabric for Couch Sofa Easy Care 50 x60
- gold Gangster Fedora Hats - 12 Pack
- Sailor ProGear Slim Red Supernova M Fountain Pen Limited Edition
- Plush Toy Stuffed Monkey Pillow Animal Plush Cotton Toy for Kids Birthday Party Gift (Size 50CM)
- ZHAS Wedding Room Crystal Flamingos Crystal Ball Snowflakes redating Music Box Interesting toy
- Generic ALLRC 6061-t6 CNC Aluminum Alloy Optional Upgrade Metal Steering Cup Components for traxxas X-xmaxx rc car Parts bluee
- Generic Rear knobby tire Set for 1 5 Scale HPI Rovan Baja 5B
- RenteriaDecor Astrology Flannel Blanket Virgo Girl Wheat Digital Printing Blanket 60 x36
- SESAME STREET COOKIE MONSTER first birthday party supplies balloons one 1st by Lgp
- Parkzone Sukhoi SU29MM Gen 2 BNF basic EFL8850
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn