SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Elastic Sofa Cover Universal Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sectional Couch Corner Cover for Furniture koltuk kilifi 5, 2-Seater 145-185cm Slip-Resistant color nnnifd2356-New toy
- Lyjfzkjgs Large Jumbo Inflatable Giant Sunglasses Yellow Duck On Rideable Blow Up Summer Fun Pool Toy Lounger Raft For Adults With Rapid Valves,Car Air Pump
- Anime Keychain Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 joc Dragon Ball One Piece Sailor Moon Naruto Pretty Astro Boy acrylic
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00230-C1414GG Floral Medallion Ii by Vision Studio Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Round Card Holders with Carrying Storage Case, Black (6-Pack of 4)
- Pit Bull Tires RC PB9005NK 1.55 Growler at Extra with Komp Kompound Crawl Tire
- D DOLITY 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY House Kits with Furniture Accessory DIY Handicrafts Project (Barbecue Shop & Beancurd Mill)
- Blesiya 1 6 Scale Rubber Skin Europena Shape Female Steel Body for 12inch Kumik Phicen Toys
- Time Life Music AM FM Rock 'N' Roll Trivia Card Game Set From 1987
- Generic 4 PCS EMAX Skyline F3 Flight Controller Acro for FPV Racing Drones Quadcopter
- RC Airplane, Fineser XK X520 2.4G 6CH RC Airplane Glider Remote Control Plane Outdoor Aircraft
- 4x5M LPKH Tarpaulin Tarp Sheet Rainproof Tarpaulin Tarp Ground Sheet Covers Shelter Thicken Heavy Reinforced Outdoor Tent Black (color 4x5M)
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00DX assembly type figure Mireina all two Set of 2 (japan import)
- 3 Blade 20x8 20x12 21x8 21x10 22x10 CCW Wooden Propeller for Scale RC Gas Airplane Model 20x8 CCW Pull 5pcs
- Girls & Panzer final chapter your name Pitanko Rubber Mascot Vol.1 BOX products 1BOX = 10 pieces, all 10 types
- Generic Caterpillar Cat M318F Wheeled Excavator 1 50 DieCast Construction by DM 85508
- Origami Paper 100 sheet Pantone gift set - Classic Colour Collection
- Lexibook Tablet Master – The 7” Android tablet for kids with educational and fun content – Safe internet browser, games, e-books, slim design, dual camera – red – MFC155EN
- Mantic Kings Of War Bnib Forces Of The Abyss - Efreet Mgkwa106
- Guardian ice Kinds Genuine Life Chalcedony Agate Dragons Dragon Zodiac Necklace Pendant Jade Necklace Pendant Men Domineering Certificate
- Magformers Window Plus Set, 50 Piece
- Halloween,Soft Blanket Microfiber Cartoon Witch Legs with Striped Leggings Western Concept Bats and Pumpkins Print All Season Blanket 60 x50
- Wild West Cowboys & Indians Plastic Figures Bucket Playset
- Adult Shipwreck Treasure Pirate Costume - Small (2-4)
- Star Wars Episode 1 Electronic Sound and Voice Activated 12 Inch Tall Action Figure - Dancing Jar Jar Binks
- Lego Castle Forest Ambush 70400
- Match Attax ENGLAND Man of The Match PORTUGAL Carvalho by Match Attax
- Forum Novelties Kids Bonnie bluesh Costume, Pink, Medium
- Rider Eguzeido Rider Hero Series 09 Kamen Rider Eguzeido double action gamer level XX L
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn