SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Elastic Sofa Cover Universal Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sectional Couch Corner Cover for Furniture koltuk kilifi 5, 2-Seater 145-185cm Slip-Resistant color nnnifd2356-New toy
- Lyjfzkjgs Large Jumbo Inflatable Giant Sunglasses Yellow Duck On Rideable Blow Up Summer Fun Pool Toy Lounger Raft For Adults With Rapid Valves,Car Air Pump
- Anime Keychain Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 joc Dragon Ball One Piece Sailor Moon Naruto Pretty Astro Boy acrylic
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00230-C1414GG Floral Medallion Ii by Vision Studio Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Round Card Holders with Carrying Storage Case, Black (6-Pack of 4)
- Pit Bull Tires RC PB9005NK 1.55 Growler at Extra with Komp Kompound Crawl Tire
- D DOLITY 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY House Kits with Furniture Accessory DIY Handicrafts Project (Barbecue Shop & Beancurd Mill)
- Blesiya 1 6 Scale Rubber Skin Europena Shape Female Steel Body for 12inch Kumik Phicen Toys
- Cosfun Best Sailor Pluto Meiou Setsuna Cosplay Costume mp000694
- Generic 1 32 Scale DieCast Norscot CAT 247B2 Multi Terrain Loader with Work Tools 55269 Construction Vehicles Toy
- Christmas Card Beads Embroidery kit; Contemporary Embroidery; Gift idea; Needlepoint Design; Decor; Seed Beads Preciosa; Christmas Gift
- Flatline by Jay Sankey - Trick by Sankey Magic
- I Sell Old-Fashioned Mari with Ball (red Yellow and White) Set of Three Made in Japan Buying
- High Magnification 20X50 Binoculars Telescope
- Elastic Sofa Covers for Living Room Sofa Towel Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Strech Sofa Slipcover colour8, Single-Seater
- Erector Drones Space Chaos - Dark Pirates
- PearlsOnly - Jodie Black 6-7mm AA Quality Japanese Akoya 925 Sterling Silver Cultured Pearl Earring Pair
- Farmerly Slipcovers 24 colors Sofa Cover Elastic Single Two Three Four-Seater Spandex Stretch Sofa Cover Funda Sofa Couch Cover 1pc color 3, 3 Seater
- Tenshock 4 Pole Brushless Motor Viper 1540 Naviga,Boat 5300KV 4T
- Kesoto 1 24 DIY Handicraft Miniature Project Wooden Dolls House - Leisure Holiday Motor Homes Gift
- Blank Notebook Blank Book Unruled Notebook - 160 Pages, Blank Format, 160 200mm
- The Stupell Home Decor New Jersey Black and White Photograph on Cream Paper Postcard Wall Plaque Art, 13 X 19, Multi-color
- World's Smallest-Yule Pups Jigsaw Puzzle 234 Pieces 4 X6 TDC Games TDC7182
- 750 Piece Thomas Kinkade Round Puzzle A Light In the Storm
- Disney Princess Pop-Up Magic Castle Game
- Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Stormshot
- Bachmann Industries CSX EMD SD 40-2 Diesel Locomotive by Bachmann Trains
- Premier 99434 Spin Dynamos Kite Laundry Spinner, 14-Inch, Patriotic
- Icer Masters of the Universe Classics Action Figure by Masters of the Universe
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn