SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Generic 1 5 RC FS Racing Performance Tuned Pipe Exhaust Pipe FS 111102 nnnifd2689-New toy
- NICI Sesame Street Pillowe Elmo Head 28 x 24 cm, Plush
- Farmerly Elasticity Dustproof Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Cover Solid Couch Armchair Sofa Predetor Slipcovers Chaise Sofa Abdeckung Coffee, Single
- color09 60 x62 Inch BelleAckerman Mattress Blanket Music,Retro Pop Art Style Music Icons Casette Tapes Records Rock Headphones DJ Kids Image, Multicolor Warm Couch Bed Throws Blanket 50 x60
- Stainless Steel Strip .012 X 1 2, Carded by K&S Engineering
- VPKJewelry Amber Teething Oval Bracelet Babies Anti Inflammatory Drooling Pain Reduce Properties Multi-color Baltic
- Green Schwinn Burst Toddler Helmet
- Magic the Gathering Noble Purpose Eighth Edition
- Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Elastic Stretch European Printing Corner Seat Cover Sectional Universal Furniture Slipcover color 13, 2seater 145-185cm
- Character Card sleeve brackets Kawaii Sengen Take (japan import) by Inspire
- (Small, Black) - Mirage Pet Products 70-05 SMBK Butterfly Design Soft Mesh Harnesses Black Small
- Nohohon Zoku Hidamari No Tami Sunshine Buddies ECO White 5 Million Achevemnet Corn Platsic
- Ginger Plant - Hawaiian Red Ginger Starter Plant - Approx. 6 - 10 Inches by Discount Hawaiian Gifts
- Hzl Magnetic Blocks 3D Magnetic Building Set Magnetic Tiles Educational Toys for Baby Kids 8 Suits,7
- Garo GARO - mark of the flame - S.H.Figuarts golden Knight Garo (Leon engraved Ver.)
- ZXPzZ 2 Step Iron Folding Ladder Stool With Armrest Non-slip Treads Thickening Household Portable Garden Kitchen Tool Stepladder Stools (color bluee)
- Max Factory Fate Grand Order Shielder Mash Kyrie Light Figma Action Figure
- Buried blueeprints The Last Flight Amelia Earhart
- Bernat Baby Blanket - 24 Pk-Seafoam
- L-QN 100% Polyester Decorations Birth Greetings Celebrate Your New Age Retro Style Design Cream Red Brown Oblong Rectangle 70 x120
- Solid Wood 3-Step Ladder Foldable, Household Step Stools for Kitchen, Multi-functional Ladder Load 120 kg (color Optional) (color Black walnut)
- PLUSH & PLUSH TM 12 Inch 30cm Large Emoji Pillows Smiley Emoticon Soft Plush Stuffed Yellow Roundy Full Collection (Sunglasses Poop 1)
- color09 30 x50 Inch Down Blanket Arabian,Illustration of Old Eastern Arabesque Ethnic Antique Oriental Damask Round Motif, Multicolor Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
- Peppa Pig 10 Insulated Lunchbag
- BNCN5051 1 350 Bronco USS San Antonio LPD-17 [MODEL BUILDING KIT]
- G X-Large GUO Personality Helmet Motorcycle Half Helmet Summer Helmet Harley Locomotive Electric Vehicle Helmet
- Fun World Costumes Baby Boy's Duck Hunter Jumpsuit Toddler Costume
- Super Soft Lightweight Blanket,Horizontal Wavy Brushstroke Clouds Queer Rainbow Abstract Creative Kids Theme 60 x50 ,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- Generic HSP 1 10 Remote RC Nitro Car Baja Accs All Aluminum Alloy Metal Version Upgrade Parts for HSP 94188 Free Mail Rear Swing arm up
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn