SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Original Emax RSII Race Spec - Brushless Motor (4-6S)1600 1700 1900 2600kv Brushless Motor CW CCW for FPV Quadcopter RSII2306 1600KV CCW 2306 2400 nnnifd3189-New toy
- ANS Optical Easy inssizetion Quad Rail free float hand guard RIS RAS Free Float 10.5inch M4011-01 hg-007
- SunnyRain 1-Piece Pastoral Sofa Covers for Living Room l Shape Sectional Sofa Cover Stretch Slipcover Couch Cover Sofa Predector 121, Four Seat Sofa
- YEHO Art Gallery Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Adult Kids Girls Boys,Green Tropical Leaves Pattern,Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,39x49inch
- color06 60 x60 QINYAN-Home Weave Pattern Extra Long Blanket (60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Bridal Shower Decorations Abstract Geometric bluerry Backdrop Floral Print Design Artwork Multicolor.
- 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush V39
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Geometric,Abstract Composition Graphic Floral Motifs with Squares Pattern,Slate bluee Dried pink White Throw Lightweight Cozy Plush Microfiber Solid Blanket 50 x60
- Magic The Gathering YoreTiller Nephilim Guildpact Foil by Magic The Gathering
- Ha Ha Moustache Bucket of Moustaches Board Game
- (Red) - GoKi Red Drum
- QYSZYG Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Collection Crafts 31CM Toy
- ACCENTRA& 44;INC. ACI2240 3- Hole Punch& 44; Traditional& 44; 40 Sheet Capacity& 44; Black- Silver
- Modern Striped Sofa slipcovers Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Elastic Cubre Sofa Towel Corner Sofa Cover Couch Cover M, Four seaters
- Star Wars Egg Attack Statue with Sound & Light Up Function C-3PO (Episode V) 13 cm
- Tropical Floral Geometric Stripe Printing Stretch Sofa Predector Slipcover Modern Living Room Dust-Proof Elastic Couch Case 15, Tow Seater
- YJWOZ Car Decoration Toy Model Anime Sculpture PVC Doll Height 15.4cm Toy model
- Swim Center Inflatable Family Lounge Pool, More Sizes For You To Choose, for Ages 3+,260 170 68CM
- The Flash Logo Embroidered Crocheted Footbag by Adventure Trading
- Peter Capaldi Signed Framed Photo 16x12 Display Doctor Who Memorabilia + COA
- Miraculous LadyBug 3pk Puzzle in Shaped Purse
- USAOPOLY Yahtzee Donkey Kong Game
- Aremazing Modern pink gold White Marble Pattern Super Soft Throw Pillow Case Cushion Cover Home Decor 18 X 18 Inches (Coconut Tree)
- Trademark Fine Art Halloween Jack-O'-Lanterns by Lisa Powell brown, Black Matte, Black Frame 11x11
- colors color Change paint factory
- Turnigy Graphene Professional 8000mAh 6S 15C LiPo Pack w XT90
- Bizonal (Allied Cast) block1a (complete.issue.) 1949 Hanover Fair (Stamps for collectors)
- Cuddly Pinkerton stuffed toy 45cm (japan import)
- Gdansk 237-239 (complete.issue.) 1934 Winter Relief (Stamps for collectors)
- Kato 10843 E217 Yokosuka Sobu 4 Car Powered Set
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn