SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
The 5D Diamond Painting Cartoon White 3D Diamond Painting of Diamant Painting Embroidery Animal Gifts,45x60cm DIY Owls nnoeca5363-New toy
- FOCO Unisex 3D BRXLZ - Logo PZNS3DLGJJ-P
- Brown 15 US Skechers for Work Men's Workshire Relaxed Fit Work
- Sandtastik CS2543 Classic colord Sand 25 lbs. Box - Beach by Sandtastik
- Fisher-Price Speak 'n Sing Jumbo Barney
- Integy RC Model Hop-ups C25594RED QuickPit 9pcs Set, Phillips+Flat+Hex Tip Set (0.05 1.5 1 16 5 64 2.5 3 32 3.0)
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Wash Your Hands Stop Sign Framed Gisele Texturized Art, 12 x 12, Multi-color
- Galt Toys Inc Super Marble Run Toy
- Magic the Gathering Fumigate (015 264) Kaladesh
- 6.1m GLJJQMY Telescopic Ladder Household Bamboo Indoor Engineering Folding Single-Sided Straight Ladder Thickening Aluminum Alloy (Size 5.2m)
- Oeuf NYC Deco Black Cat Shaped Pillow-Night Multi-OS
- Amazing Squishee Super Soft - Lovie
- New Arrival Sofa Cover Slipcover Elasticity Stretch Polyester Sofa Covers Soft Fabric Couch Cover for Living Room Decor 6, Three Seater
- QYLOZ Anime Model Character Sculpture Gift Plastic Collection Decoration toy
- Clear Stone Tokimeki graffiti TG brown School Ladies BOX
- Funko Wacky Wobbler Betty Boop Nurse
- QWinOut QQ Super Multi-redor Flight Control DIY 310mm Fiberglass RC Racing Drone Unassembly ARF Combo Set with Radiolink 8CH TX&RX 1400KV Motor 30A ESC
- FQ777 FQ28 WiFi RC Quadcopter Foldable Egg Shape Drone with 2 Megapixel Camera Universal Photography Video Device
- Chessex Dice d6 Sets Gemini Masquerade Yellow with White - 12mm Six Sided Die (36) Block of Dice
- DAVO 6131 Luxe stamp album Roy. I 1863-1945
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn