SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Baoblaze 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY Prince Doll House Kits Greenhouse Kids Toys nnomgy4356-Dollhouses
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- Generic 5Pcs Brushless 36MM Heatsink Cooling Fan 30x30mm 40x40mm CNC DC 5V for RC Model Car 540 550 3650 Size Electric Engine Motor Black with 40x40 Fan
- Vionic Fulton Tate - Mens Supportive Sneaker Black - 10.5 Medium
- Cheerson CX-23Upgraded 7.4V 1200mAh Battery RC Quadcopter CX-23 Charger Battery Spare Parts & Accs 1Battery and Charger
- Princess Leia (Boushh) Funko POP x Star Wars Vinyl Bobble-Head Figure w Stand + 1 FREE Official Star Wars Trading Card Bundle 
- Mickey Thompson 2.2 Baja Claw TTC Scale Tire by RC4WD
- (15 Lesson Plans) - American Educational Microslide Kingdom Fungi Lesson Plan Set (Box of 15)
- Floral Printing Europe Style Spandex Stretch Sectional Sofa Cover Slipcovers Elastic All-Inclusive Couch Cover for Living Room 15, Single-Seater
- KTYX Telescope High Power HD Outdoor Travel Portable Binoculars Spot Wholesale Telescope
- Lupin III DX prefabricated stylish figure 1st. TV ver.5 Ishikawa Goemon separately
- Ajastablearmiriyasus arm (trailing angle 5 ° for DRI pace bluee)
- Dal black Premium Roulette Bundle
- AXXcssqw9b 9 10 11 Speed 116 Links MTB Mountain Road Bike Bicycle Chain Replacement Part
- Forum Novelties Demons & Devils-Co-Crimson Demoness, Multi-color
- YOYI-HOME Duplex Printed Blanket Warm Microfiber with Flowers Leaves Branches Design for Kid Nursery Room Landscape Multicolor for Bed or Couch W59 x H39.5
- Trademark Fine Art Santa Paws II by Janelle Penner, 14x14
- Paul Lamond Very Hungry Caterpillar Floor Puzzle (24-Piece) by Paul Lamond
- AMT 1 25 Scale Plastic 1975 Chevy Rescue Van Model Kit (Red)
- Elastic Sofa Cover Printed Flowers Slipcover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Corner Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Covers 1 2 3 4 Seater 9, 2 Seater 145-185cm
- HATHOR-23 Stools- Wooden Bench- Living Room Coffee Table Solid Wood Small Round Home Indoor Wood Small Stool Small Bench Wooden Stool
- DYFYMXSide table Bedside table side table coffee table wood table storage cabinet
- Huina hui na 350 550 2.4G 30 Meters 12CH Remote Control and Receiver Board Radio System 48v for Excavator Tank kit with Speaker Remote and Receiver
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn