SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Cute Doll Short purple Hair 4 Eye color Mat Frost Face Joint Body White Skin 30 cm Fashion nnqgrp3523-New toy
- Baby's First Piglet - Fisher Price
- Spin Master Games Disney Beat the Parents by Spin Master Games
- ZSUO Weighted Blanket for Kids 50 x60 Inch Fleur De Lis,Digital Grunge Lily Emperor Flag Victorian Kingdom Imperial Theme Print Purple White colorful Home Couch Outdoor Travel Use
- KFZ Bed Set 4pcs Bedding Set Cartoon Animal Design Duvet Cover Without Comforter Flat Sheet Pillowcase XS Twin Full Queen King Rock Bear Sweetheart Champion Star (Little Bear, Pink, Queen，78 x90 )
- Pattern24 W63 x L45 Kids Blackout Room Darkening Curtains Vibrant colord Gummy Bears Candies Delicious Jelly Sugary Snack Chewy Sweet Taste Curtain Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Generic RC Mini Shark Fish Toy Drink Can Radio Remote Control Rc Animals Toys Boat Submarine Birthday Gift Electronic Water Game Toy Black
- YuGiOh Pandemonium (DCR094) Dark Crisis 1st Edition Common
- Baby Doll Bedding Heavenly Soft Doll Moses Basket Set, Ivory
- N Decoder,KATSD70ACe SD70M SD40-2 GG1 K1D-NC 4FN1A by TRAIN CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Amerock Bp53016-26 1-3 4 Knob Polished Chrome
- Great Gizmos Bella Bistro Tea Set with Carry Case
- Denis Law Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Man Utd Autograph Memorabilia Display + COA
- KKD Scale Model Simulation Vehicle 1 18 Volkswagen Beetle Simulation Alloy Toy Car Boy Original Car Model Collection Adult Decoration ( color bluee )
- Deep Red Black Damask & Diamond Personalised Engagement Party Invitations Invites & Envelopes
- Astral Loyak Water shoes - Men's Black Brown 11.0
- Farmerly 1 Piece Plush Fabric Sofa Cover European Style Soft Slip Resistant Slipcover Seat Couch Cover Sofa Towel for Living Room Decor 1PCS Sofa Towel, 110x160cm 1pc
- White Dixie Ultra Tower Interfold Napkin Dispenser by GP PRO (Georgia-Pacific), White, 54551A, Holds 1,000 Napkins, 8.800” H x 9.300” D x 27.600” H
- 20171211 Update Jade a Cargo Glutinous Egg Surface Silver Inlay ice Ring Earrings Necklace Pendant Bracelet
- LYQTD Step stool Solid wood 3 step ladder Suitable for household use Small ladder Flower stand (color D)
- Transformer A Alliance 2 in 1 Building Block Series (The Dragon Knight C0410)
- Trademark Fine Art bluee Coastal Lagoon by Suzanne Wilkins, 14x14
- Star Wars Power of the Force Han Solo in Carbonite with Carbonite Freezing Chamber Green Card Action Figure
- Marvel Legends Icons Nightcrawler Action Figure
- Spektrum Gear Set S6230
- Batman Arkham Origins Series 1 Batman Action Figure DC Direct Toys
- ALAZA Home Decor Basketball Sport Soft Warm Blanket for Bed Couch Sofa Lightweight Travelling Camping 60 x 50 inch Throw Size for Kids Boys Women
- Freespirit Trouble 20 Girls 6 Speed Mountain Bike
- Light Walnut ZXPzZ Folding Ladder Chair Stool Step Ladder Staircase Stool Household Ladder Multilayer Storage Ladder Dualuse Flower Stand (color Light walnut)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn