SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
AGROAMBIENTE Toy playback truck firemen with fire truck MACK Granite nnqgrp4023-New toy
- Carcassonne Princess and The Dragon
- Mommy & Me a 500-Piece Jigsaw Puzzle by Sunsout Inc. by SunsOut
- ALIREA Watercolor Crane with Flowers Pattern Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- POP Marvel Deadpool Cowboy SDCC Exclusive
- Daler-Rowney System3 Ink Introduction Set of 6
- ALIREA Quilting Thoughts Pattern Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- PacknWood Rippled Paper Hot Drink Cup, 16 oz. Capacity, Black (Case of 500)
- MagiDeal 600KV Waterproof Brushless Motor w 56-L Water Cooling for RC Boat Surfboard
- WWE Best of 2011 Series Action Figure - Randy Orton
- Full Metal Alchemist CCG Blood & Water Theme Starter Deck Box
- Staedtler Comfort Mars 551 Compass - Bow Instrument with Center Wheel
- Official Blizzard Squirky Murloc Plush
- Aluminium-Dibond image 120 x 80 cm Paradise Bay, Antarctica , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Mark Selby Signed Framed Autograph 16x12 photo display Snooker Sport AFTAL COA
- Office Cushions Bed Pillows Plush Toys Mascots Cartoon Dolls Safe And Healthy Materials Romantic Dating (color bluee, Size 56 25 24cm)
- Are RC Front hub Carrier for LOSI DBXL White
- Moxie Girlz Bryten Raincoat color Splash Doll by Moxie Girlz
- Thomas the Tank Engine 12 inch Backpack - No. 1 Thomas the Tank Engine
- Busy Kid Plush Diary with Lock for Girls Glitter Kitty Notebook for Kids (Light Pink)
- Xianxian88 Foldable FPV remote drone, 1080P HD camera drone, GPS fixed height WIFI control smart follow one key return, headless mode drone aircraft
- ERKEJI Drone Gravity Induction Remote control four-axis aircraft pneumatic fixed height toy aircraft 5.8GFPV real-time transmission aerial photo WIFI LED
- Apple Pillowcase Predector 16 x24 Girls Kids Design Pattern with Pinkish Apple Fruit in Doodle StyleDark Coral Pale Pink White
- Pants Large OW New Design Tracer Game Cosplay Costume Battle Uniform Full Suit for Women Yellow
- Farmerly Covers on The Sofa Corner Stretch Fabric Elastic L-Shaped Red Sofa Cover Universal Sofa Towel Thick Slipcover Couch Covers Camel, 1 Seater
- Slipcover Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Strech Full Sofas Cover Towel Fold Bed fundas de Sofa 11
- FREEing Kagamine Rin (Senbonzakura Version) PVC Figure by FREEing
- Generic rage Tool Ratchet Extension e Tool Sae Metric atchet E Socket Set 1 4 etric Rat Car Garage Tool 4 3 8 D 3 8 Drive
- DUFFY (Duffy) Hello From Cape Cod limited Costume Set (japan import)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn