SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
German Empire tested 1918 (Stamps for collectors) 103c Germania nnqgrp4356-New toy
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- Dungeon Lords Board Game by Czech Games Edition
- Berenson Toccata 6 Center to Center Bar Appliance Pull Brushed Nickel
- OSOYOO Robot Car Kit Smart Car Learning Kit for Raspberry Pi 3B, B+,Zero W Android iOS APP Web Camera 1280x720 One Megapiexl WiFi Wireless
- Dinglong GPS FPV RC Quadcopter Drone with 720P HD WiFi Camera Quadcopter for Beginners Kids Adults with Follow Me, GPS Return Home, Auto Hover, Altitude Hold, 3 Speed Mode (Black)
- The Mobile Suit Gundam Card Builder DX Girls Figure new secretary - all three sets (japan import)
- Nolan MIC blueetooth Wireless Microphone Wireless Voice and Talk Long Range Clarity Sound for Podcasting Distance Education Voice Recording Camcorder Panel Session
- Arte eco Irepane B1 Bronze ST-B1-BN (japan import)
- QXMEI Toy Doll Emerge Rebirth Baby Doll Girl Boy Toy
- Cosplay Mask, Cosplay Headgear Popular Series Fursuit Carnival Moving Mouth Mask Black Wolf Simulation Animal Mask
- Transformers Generation Titans return hot rod [parallel import goods]
- CHENG Reborn Baby Dolls 27 Inch Full Body Silicone with Clothes Toy Toddler Birthday Xmas Present
- Springbok Frosty Family Jigsaw Puzzle (1000-Piece)
- KEANER precioso Regalo Creative Phonograph Pen Holder Ornaments Office Decoration Supplies(Random color)
- color05 60 x50 QINYAN-Home Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket (60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Bridal Shower Decorations Sea Inspired Asian Flowers Dots on Abstract Backdrop Sky bluee and Light bluee.
- FidgetGear Scooter 36V 500W Motor Brushed Controller Speed Box&Thredtle Twist Grips E-Bike
- T-50B Black Eagles RoK AF Aerobatic Team Aircraft 1 48 Academy by Academy Models
- Generic Gift DIY 1 12 Model Motorcycle Car Collection Series Alloy Frame Assemble Toys Kids Education Family Game Present Red
- Green & White Stripy Deco 50th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Gargoyles Kids Meal Toy by Burger King
- Decorative Throw Blanket Painted (80 x60 ) Throw Size for Kids Boys Women Men All SeasonDragonfly Vivid Spring Time Inspired Moth Abstract Grunge Watercolor Design Hot Pink Green and bluee.
- Swarovski Crystals 1187577 Fancy Stones 4127 MM 30,0X 22,0 LIGHT TURQUOISE F, 24 Pieces
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn