SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Image Game of Profiles [BOX SET] The Personality nnqgrp4523-New toy
- 3dpink ht_103459_2 Funny Worlds Greatest Postman Occupation Job Cartoon-Iron on Heat Transfer for Material, 6 by 6-Inch, White
- Mcfarlane Toys Alien Vs. Predator Movie Deluxe 12 Inch Action Figure Stealth Scar Predator
- Barbie Millicent Roberts Perfectly Suited Doll - Limited Edition (1997)
- Anyangeight Throw Blanket,Artistic Composition with Little Princess Girl Unicorn Never Stop Dreaming Quote 60 x50 ,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- Seeksmile Unisex Classic Lycra Spandex Dancewear Catsuit
- Extended Landing Gear Predector Heightened Landing Skid for DJI Mavic 2
- Lunar Telescope for Kids Explore The Moon and its Craters
- Bulk Buy Darice DIY Crafts Victoria Lynn Wedding Bubbles Heart with Doves 24 pieces (3-Pack) 1403-55
- Giga Tent CT 041 Ball Pit Playhouse
- Happy Trails 80-HTHSE Rocking Horse, Brown
- SXET-Keyboard Toys with Microphone Music Early Education Educational Toys Musical Instruments 3-6 Years Old Desk Electronic Piano Pink (color Pink)
- Go - International Travel Game
- Jigsaw panel panel MAX Black (51 x 73.5cm) 10-T (japan import) by Epoch
- Japan Stuffed Toys - Saitama Seibu Lions Official Goods Sitting Leo S AF27
- Pepetools Superior Ring Shank Bending Tool
- Rocky Balboa 7 Action Figure Series 3 gold Trunks
- American Girl Grace 6-Inch Mini Doll & Three Book Set for Girls
- Kids Pirate Costume Pants (XL (12 yrs)) by ThePirateDressing
- Fun World Women's 50's Ladies Jacket, Multi, Plus Size
- Card Game of Oz by Game Salute
- Super Soak Saber Pump Squirter
- Funko Pop Animation Big Mouth - Andrew Vinyl Figure (Bundled with Pop Box Predector Case)
- Imago 1 2.5 CMOS Sensor Cobra Full HD 1080p FPV Video Camera with DVR HD39
- RAH Real Action Heroes Lupin III 1 6 scale ABS & ATBC-PVC-painted action figure
- Dragon Models 1 400 Titan IIIE with Launch Pad SLC-100cm
- Little Honey Bee Costume Set (cape & jumpsuit also available)
- Trademark Fine Art Pink Hyacinth III by Honey Malek, 14x14
- Walmeck Bb Brass Hunting Horn with Carry Bag Stand Cleaning Cloth
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn