SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Image Game of Profiles [BOX SET] The Personality nnqgrp4523-New toy
- 3dpink ht_103459_2 Funny Worlds Greatest Postman Occupation Job Cartoon-Iron on Heat Transfer for Material, 6 by 6-Inch, White
- Mcfarlane Toys Alien Vs. Predator Movie Deluxe 12 Inch Action Figure Stealth Scar Predator
- Barbie Millicent Roberts Perfectly Suited Doll - Limited Edition (1997)
- Anyangeight Throw Blanket,Artistic Composition with Little Princess Girl Unicorn Never Stop Dreaming Quote 60 x50 ,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- Seeksmile Unisex Classic Lycra Spandex Dancewear Catsuit
- Extended Landing Gear Predector Heightened Landing Skid for DJI Mavic 2
- Lunar Telescope for Kids Explore The Moon and its Craters
- LAOA 170mm 210mm Folding Saw SK5 Garden Pruning Hand Saw Portable Outdoor Shear Tools Sharp Saw Russian Federation, 170mm Saw and Blade
- Inuyasha Feudal Warfare Deck [Unbound] x
- LEGO Duplo 6154 Disney Princess Cinderella's Castle
- WNA LDPET6 Round PET Dome Lid, 1.7 Height, Clear, for 6 Plates (Case of 400)
- Wood color 704062cm Study Table and Chair Solid Wood Desk Home Student Desk Writing Desk Bedroom Desk and Chair Set can be Raised and Lowered (color Wood color, Size 70 40 62cm)
- Tilley LT5B Lightweight Nylon Hat Taupe 73 8
- BLOODY Bloody chef costume Men's 180cm [Clear Stone Genuine]
- Dale Earnhardt 3 Goodwrench Champion Lumina Winner's Circle
- Farmerly Homing Simple Style Furniture Predector Sofa Wrap Tight Slipcovers Inclusive Sofa Cover Elastic Anti-Slip Sofa Towel 2, 4.seat 235-300CM
- KRE-O G.I. Joe Serpent Armor Strike with Kreon Double Clutch & Cobra Mech Suit Pilot A2354
- Rubie's Mens Friday The 13th Deluxe Jason Costume Shirt and Mask Adult-Sized Costume
- Trademark Fine Art Coastal Baby Pattern XXVIII Art by Beth Grove, 14x14
- bluee Trampolines Folding Trampolines for Kids, Adult Fitness Jumping Bounce Equipment with Safety Pad & Cover, 48 inch, Max Load 150 kg
- LJFYXZ Artwork for Walls Ski Scenery Decorative Mural Home Bedroom HD Canvas Modern Art 5-Piece Set 2 Styles (color Frameless, Size 100x200cm)
- Simple Life Minimalist World Map,Antique Map with Farmers Field Sun Birds Clouds Fantasy Sky in Old Painting Style, Multicolor 48 x32 for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift
- Aoshima Models 1 700 ship this plastic model No. 27 Kanmusume assault ship Akitsumaru(Plastic Kit)Japanese Import
- Name That Wine- The Wine Tasting Party Kit- Includes 24 Wine Glass Markers, 3 Cloth Bags, Invitations, 8 Pencils, Wine Trivia Tablet
- Our Generation BD37881Z Bunk Bed
- QINYAN-Home for Kids(80 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Floral Oriental Asian Sakura Tree Flowers Ornament Design Traditional Spring Seasonal Pattern Pink.
- Williasm Viking Blanket Small Quilt Heroes of Valhalla Nordic 60x32 Inch
- CCJW Transformers Toy Statue Imitation Copper Iron Handmade Toy Model Decoration Toys Hobby Collection (21cm) (color gold)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn