SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Marvel Zombies vs Hulk Light Switch Cover Wolverine v3 nnqgrp689-New toy
- 1996 Toy Story 16 Pull String Talking Woody
- Zoomy far Style Beige Cotton ed Sofa Cover Slip canape niture Couch sectional fundas de Sofa SP3751 per pic, 110cm110cm
- Trademark Fine Art Vapor 2 by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- Topps 2007 Draft Picks And Prospects Football HOBBY Box - 24p5c
- XavieraDoherty Outdoor Blanket,Ahoy Its a Boy,Ahoy Written with Nautical Wheel Striped Nursery Wall Art Design,bluee Pale bluee White,300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Up North Memorabilia Jamie Dornan Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Autograph Display 50 Shades of Grey + COA
- Caoyu Vintage bookshelf, multifunctional wall storage shelf wrought iron solid wood partition pipe rack Bookcase storage shelf
- 337. Serenade, Schubert - SWISS Patriotic American Eagle With American Flag Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song Choices - Hawaiian War Chant (Johnny Noble) - SWISS
- Jay Antiques Toys Set - Captain America , Hulk, Thor and Spiderman - Infinity War 4 Hero Collection (Multicolour)
- GoKi Wooden Animals Circle Puzzle by ToyMarket
- Farmerly Seasons Floral Geometry Sofa Cover Without Armrest Slipcovers All-Inclusive Big Elastic Sofa Towel Sofa Bed Home Decor Nordic 04, 160-195cm No Armrest
- Modelcar 1 43 Tesla Roadster Black
- Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Class Bisk
- DIY PBN-paint by number bluee Port 16X20 inches Frameless.
- K-2SO (Star Wars Rogue One) Kotobukiya ARTFX PVC Statue
- Giant Polydron 80 Piece Set
- Aliyes Acoustic Violins Full Size Solid Wood Intermediate Green leaves&flowers Violin Kit For Beginners With Case,Shoulder Rest,Bow,Rosin,Extra Bridge And Strings(-1102)
- Engage Encore XL Pickleball Paddle
- L-style AcuteLip - Snow - Bag of 50 Dart Tips for Acute, M3 or 4BA Thread Only
- Hallmark Interactive Book KOB9049 Scooby-DooMakes A Splash Book 3
- T27 Wall Stickers,Kids,Art Sticker,Environmentally Friendly,Removable,Living Room,Kitchen,Decal Mural,Funny Humgoldus,Family Flower Butterfly Art Home Decor
- color05 60 x78 Inch Down Blanket Fitness,Hand Drawn Sport and Fitness Elements Gymnastics Icons Cute Cartoon Style,Black and White Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
- NHL Washington Capitals Rubber Duckie with Squeak Noise Effect -Pack of 3
- Navy bluee Sofa Cover Tight All-Inclusive Slipcover Elasic Furniture Predector Wrap Single Double Three Four-Seat Sofa Covers 1pc color 16, 4 Seater(235-300cm)
- RemeeHi Cartoon Plush Long Pillow Seat Cushion for Bed Backrest Cushion Large Waist Cushion Bedding Back Cushion 1 Bear 1.5M
- Weiss black - 1st Kongo-class Battleship, Kongo-Kai-Ni - KC S25-E080 - RR+ (KC S25-E080) - KanColle by Weiss black
- Natural ice Kinds Hand-Carved Jade Old r Burma Jade Buddha Necklace Pendant Fashion Women Girls Models Clavicle
- Kodacolor Nature Series No. 77777N Grizzly Bear 1000 Piece Fully Interlocking Puzzle
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn