SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Kingdom Hearts Cushion Cover Emblem nnqgrp856-New toy
- BRIO 33549 Wooden Railway System Car Transporter
- Mariana 23439 Light Peach with Light Green Swarovski Crystal pink gold Plated Bracelet 7 -8
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Casino,Playing Card Suits Gambler Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Home Wall Decorations Art Decor Modern,Natural Floral Japanese Style Garden Cherry Blossom Sakura Tree Butterfly Nature,Pastel Pink Yellow for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift 48
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00287-C1414GG Stained Glass Floral Ii by June Erica Vess Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Trefl Puzzle Snow White Disney (180 Pieces)
- Flexipan Quenelle 0.68 Oz, 67mm x 38mm x 27mm Deep (25 8 x 17 16 x 11 16 Deep), 43 Cavities by Demarle
- Lifespan Kids BYD Monticello Play Center Swing Set
- gold Sequin Cabaret Showmans Jacket 40 42
- K18PG pink gold mirror ball earrings 4mm [1 pair both ears sale] mirror ball earrings mirror cut pink gold 18 gold K18pg nickel-free yokomountain
- Ecoiffier Mecanics 4-in-1 Tool kit
- 5Star-TD Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Silver Knight
- 2006 Movie Karai Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Hi Story 1 43 NISSAN CIMA 41LV (1996) Dark bluee (japan import)
- A3 Act Addict Actors Winter Troupe Mikage Hisoka Cosplay Costume Men Fashion Outfit (bluee Male, Large)
- Slip-Resistant Sofa Bed Cover No Armrest Removable All-Inclusive Furniture Slipcover Tight Wrap Elastic Anti-Dirty Couch Cover color 1, 160cm to 190cm
- Norman Nasal Helmet w Chainmail
- Pokemon 14060 20th Anniversary Special Edition Meloetta Plush Toy, Multicoloured, 20 cm
- Rusticity® Wooden Puzzle Box - Owl Shape with Secret Storage Handmade (4.7 X 3 in)
- Elephant Throw Blanket Elephant and Hippo Playing Football Cartoon Print Fantastic Animal Design Miracle Blanket orange Umber Purple Size 59 x35.5
- Folding chairs Siesta Bed Multi-function Couch Home Beach Cool Chair Backrest Portable Multi-speed Adjustment, No Noise, Increased Load Bearing (color Plus pad)
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Celtic,Tree of Life Pattern Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Drone Altitude Hold Mode Headless Quadcopter Attop W9 Wifi GPS 1080P Camera Drone Altitude Hold Mode Headless Quadcopter
- Our Generation Doll Outfit - School Uniform by Our Brand
- Elastic Sofa Cover Universal Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sectional Couch Corner Cover for Furniture koltuk kilifi color 9, 2-Seater 145-185cm
- Ravensburger Carousel - 200 pc Puzzle
- KWC Soft and Cozy Large Minky Minkee Ruffled Edge Baby Shower Throw Blanket (Pink Football, One Size)
- Lincoln Log Horseshoe Hill Station
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn