SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Farmerly Flower Leaf Pattern Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Furniture Covers Decoration Covering Hotel Slipcover 013 I, Four seat Spandex 1pcs nnqgrp3023-Children's Furniture
Product:1 Set of Quantity
1pcs Flower Leaf Pattern Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Spandex Furniture Covers Decoration covering Hotel Slipcover 013 : I, four seat
International Shipment.For any Queires please message us-will help you
- FELICIKK The Wooden Dog Puppet Doll Is Made By Hand,The Original Wood color (color Monkey)
- LEGO Elves 41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh Building Kit
- One Piece World Collectable Figure HALLOWEEN SPECIAL2 all eight (japan import)
- 150 gondola pastel colors set (japan import)
- No. 50 4000m roll COL.213 FUJIX King Rejiron F fuzzy sewing thread (japan import)
- Pokemon TCG 80255 Sun & Moon-Crimson Invasion Theme Deck-Kommo-O
- Matasuha Men's Dress Leather Belt Reversible redated Buckle Black 39 40 Waist
- RPTPD Punch & Die Tool
- Water Floating Row Inflatable bluee Toucan Floating Row Environmental Predection Thickening Large Floating Row
- 2 Inch Stainless Steel Yellow Plated High Shine Inside-Out Hoop Earrings With CZ
- Transformers Animated Bumper Battler Lockdown
- Johnny Lightning James Bond The Living Daylights Aston Martin Vantage by Johnny Lightning
- Metal toy car opening door Ferrari California sports car die casting model 1 18 simulation alloy toy car model static car model gift model jewelry Metal toy car opening door ( color Red )
- Mission Belt Premium Gift Box Set - 35mm Fresh
- OURCOSPLAY Women's Sailor Moon Tsukino Usagi Adult Cosplay Costume 7 Pcs Set
- Gate2Light Men's Long-Sleeve T-Shirt Casual (White-Grey X-Large)
- Tared 3K Matte Carbon Fiber Tube Pipe OD 25mm ID 23mm Length 495mm 25x23x500 25x21x500 for Tared FY680 Hexacopter TL100B09 25x21x500 2pcs
- Imaginarium Express Straight and Curved Train Track Pack
- YOYI Bed Blanket Giraffe Elephant Zebra Turtle Kids Nursery Baby Comfortable Home Decor 60 x63
- color10 60 x62 Inch Cool Blanket Cactus,Unicorns with Plants and Food Donuts Strawberries Heart Shooting Stars Cartoon Style,Multicolor Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
- Trademark Fine Art Snowday by Albena Hristova, 14x14
- Super Soft Lightweight Blanket,Coffee Pot Teapot Spoons Plates and Creamy Slices of Cake with Cherries 60 x50 ,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- Sportagraphs LTD Manuel Neuer Signed Framed Autograph 16x12 photo display Bayern Munich COA
- Nerlie Neonate Baby Snow Berry Limited Frosty Edition
- Fast Lane Rescue Center Playset - Toys R Us Exclusive
- bluee Plastic 2.5 Easter Eggs - 100 Eggs Pack
- Madame Alexander Elsa, Frozen, 18 Collectible Doll by Madame Alexander
- Generic 1 50 Metal Alloy Diecast Toy Excavator Truck Model Autotruck Car Model Toys for Boys Navvy Engineering Truck Collection Toys Breaking Hammer
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn