SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Hot Movie Masterpiece Captain America The Winter Soldier Black Sixth Scale Action Figure Widow Toys nnuftd4189-New toy
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- Pixhawk PX4 Autopilot PIX 2.4.8 32 Bit Flight Controller with Safety Switch and Buzzer 4G SD and I2C Splitter Expand Module Combo A
- SUXIU Crafts Ballet Resin Decoration - European Ballet Women's Ornaments Creative Home Soft Decoration Living Room Personality Trinkets (Size 28 37)
- 8M Big Markdowns Large Soft Kite Ripstop Nylon Fabric Kite Line Trilobite Inflatable Alien Kids Kite Bag
- LEGO - Kingdoms 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue
- GLJJQMY Folding Step Stool Heavy Steel Step Stool 2-Step Multi-Function Portable with Anti-Slip Mat Assembly Simple Ladder, 5 colors Optional (color E)
- Shimano Shtr9nc430sb00 Men’s Road Cycling shoes bluee 8.5 UK (43 EU)
- Torino Leather Co. Men's 30MM Antigua Leather Black Belt 38
- 3dpink qs_14144_1 Chocolate Lab Black and White-Quilt Square, 10 by 10-Inch
- Original Airbot F4 Pro V3 Flight Controller SD 5V 3A BEC OSD Current Sensor LC Filter for RC Models Multicopter Part Accs
- Joyride Studios Battlestar Galactica Cylon Centurian
- Electric passenger Prius (japan import)
- Hiten Gundam Choushogun SD Sengokuden
- YOYI Digital Printing Blanket Sugar Candy Sweets Lolly Pops Dessert Fun Girls Kids Nursery Theme Better Deeper Sleep 60 x63
- 7 pc Hollywood Clapper Movie Balloon Bouquet Decoration Party Decor Birthday
- Bachmann EMD GP38-2 New England Central 3848 Locomotive HO Scale by Bachmann Trains
- Farmerly Black color 1 2 3 4 Seater Sofa Cover Printed seat Couch Cover Floral Towel Covering Elastic Stretch Slipcovers Home Decoration 125846, 1 Seater 90-140cm
- golden_flower Chair Stool Dining Stool Home Small Bench Square Stool Fabric Sofa Bench, a,
- Harokapu EX Portrait of Zabi Family Set
- Halloween Props Cute Monkey Animal Mask Decoration Cosplay Party Tidy Latex Props Masquerade Headgear (color A)
- QFFL Recliners Home Adult Folding Lounge Chair Portable Office Nap Chair Outdoor Beach Chair Outdoor stool (color B)
- Ideal Home Range 16 Count Paper Guest Towels, Elizabethan Garden Cream
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn