SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Box Creations Corrugated Markers Included by Box Creations Castle - nnuftd1689-Action Figures
white with black lines
edges;strong 32ECT board for extra durability
- Animal Head Mask Popular Cosplay Animals Mask Full Head Animal Mask Cosplay Carnival Costume Moving Mouth Dog Mask For Party For Party Fun Animal Mask Furry Mask ( color Black , Size 2525 )
- BloomerangDIY Unfinished Basswood Guitar Body Guitar Parts for SG Style 22 Frets Guitar
- Trademark Fine Art Stacked Around I by Grace Popp, 14x14
- Anyangeight Dragonfly, Digital Printing Blanket, Dragonfly Figure Over Little Circular Spots and Dots Kids Cartoon, Digital Printing Blanket, （W50 x L60 Inch Lime Green Pale bluee
- Kumkum Puzzle 45 Piece 3d Assembly Puzzles Yoshi by ensky
- Throw Blanket with Tuscan Decor Collection Tuscan House with Rustic Wooden Door and Flowers Image Living Kids Girls Room Dorm Accessories Yellow Pink Red Green Salmon Super Soft and Coz
- Bloody Wall Backdrop 4ft x 30ft (Standard) by CoolGlow
- Hanks Rustic Men's Jean Belt - No Break Thick Leather Belt - USA Made - 100 Year Warranty - Glazed Chocolate Brown - Size 48
- Hamanaka Cute Baby Wool NamiFutoshi col.6 Light bluee System 40g About 105m 5 Ball Set 2202
- 3dpink db_93608_2 Oregon Portland Landseer Newfoundland Dog Puppy-Us38 Bja0526-Jaynes Gallery Memory Book 12 by 12-Inch
- TIBES Waterproof Weave Backpack Fashion PU Leather Backpack for Girls Women Drawstring Daypack Black
- Uncle Milton - Marvel Science - Ant-Man Ant Farm
- Great Eastern Entertainment Deadman Wonderland A4 Spiral Notebook
- Carrera Digital132 124 Confluence Light 20030351
- Darts case [Trinidad] planes Brown
- Generic 4PCS AX20003 1 10 727 10SC Huanqi Short Truck tire Three Lines Free Viscose Card Listing tire B
- LINCOLN LOGS Prairie Creek Store
- Hoffmaster 120051 Linen-Like Greek Key Embossed Dinner Napkin, 1 8 Fold, 17 Length x 17 Width, White (Case of 300)
- YEHO Art Gallery 39x49 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Red and White Get Naked,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch
- Disney Land Resort Disney Fairies Terence Plush Doll
- DropMix Playlist Pack Hip-Hop (Bomb)
- Folding Library Ladder Stairway Chair 4 Step Stool for Adults & Kids Multifunction Flower Rack shoes Bench Climb Stepladder Max Load 150kg,Wood color
- 2 inch Super Light Spinner for DLE111 DLE85 DA85 3W100 3W55 3W50 EVO58 2 Blades Propeller
- Modern Stripes Printing Sofa Cover Elastic Slip-Resistant Removable Tight Wrap Slipcovers Single Two Three Four-Seater 1PC Red Pattern, Three Seater, United States
- Farmerly Fit for 1 2 3 4 Seater Sofa Cover Tight wrap All-Inclusive sectional Elastic seat Bench Covers Couch Cover Christmas Slipcovers K180, AB 190-230cm
- EwaskyOnline Mushroom Baby Blanket Mushroom House Kids Home Happy Fantasy Flower Veggies Grassland Vegetarian car Airplane Travel Throw (Travel Size) 51 W x 60 L Tan Green orange
- Zonxn Creative Desk Lamp Decor 3D Led Visual colorful Gradients Lighthouse Shape Lighting Fixture USB Baby Room Sleep Night Light Gift
- CNC Metal Aluminum Steering Servo Arm for 1 5 Baja 5B 5T 5SC 17T 22kg 40kg Steering Servo HPI KM ROVAN Baja Parts
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn