SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
2018 New Product Elastic Printed Sofa Tight Bag All-Inclusive Sofa Set Elastic Sofa Towels Single Two Three yamawenshuilan, 3 Seater 1pcs Four-Seat nnuftd2689-New toy
- NICI Sesame Street Pillowe Elmo Head 28 x 24 cm, Plush
- Farmerly Elasticity Dustproof Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Cover Solid Couch Armchair Sofa Predetor Slipcovers Chaise Sofa Abdeckung Coffee, Single
- color09 60 x62 Inch BelleAckerman Mattress Blanket Music,Retro Pop Art Style Music Icons Casette Tapes Records Rock Headphones DJ Kids Image, Multicolor Warm Couch Bed Throws Blanket 50 x60
- Stainless Steel Strip .012 X 1 2, Carded by K&S Engineering
- VPKJewelry Amber Teething Oval Bracelet Babies Anti Inflammatory Drooling Pain Reduce Properties Multi-color Baltic
- Green Schwinn Burst Toddler Helmet
- Magic the Gathering Noble Purpose Eighth Edition
- Alfa Romeo Mito White 1 24 by Motormax 73371
- My Very Own House coloring Playhouse, Hide and Seek
- Power Ranger Super Samurai Battle Pack l Exculsuve
- Quilt In A Day Fussy Cut Ruler, 3 Pieces
- Purple Typography Word Art Vintage Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- No Logo LONG The Big Black Metal Box (BBB CAH Edition) Suitable for Cards Against Humanity, Magic The Gathering, Yugioh, Etc (Game Not Included) Includes 8 Dividers Fits up to 2500 Loose Unsleeved Cards
- Universal Elastic Sofa for lig Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Strech Sofa Slipcover co8, 4-Seater 235-300cm
- Adult Disney's Cinderella Movie Deluxe Costume
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn 24 Pk-Earth & Sky
- 101 car 101 form Kyoshi paint N gauge NT142 Keifuku Railway Mobo (hematopoietic T-car) (japan import) by MODEMO
- Space 2590lala7811 50 x80 KAROLA Luxury Microfiber Throw Blanket Lightweight Couch Bed Sofa Chair Flannel Fleece Blanket Super Soft Warm & Cozy,Tropical Plant with Girl Holding Sheep (50 x 60 Inches)
- Trademark Fine Art Marine Medley Iv Art by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- DIY PBN-paint by number Lazy dog 16X20 inches Frameless.
- Smart Globe Discovery - Interactive SmartGlobe by Oregon Scientific by Oregon Scientific
- YOYI-HOME Digital Printing Duplex Printed Blanket of Central Lisbon Portugal with Rooftops and Sea Old Town Nostalgic City Deco Multi Summer Quilt Comforter W59 x H39.5
- Generic 1 6 Scale Ducati Desmosedici 2011 Metal Diecast Model Motorcycle Motorbike Racing Cars Kids Boys Flag Vehicle Collection 32226 France
- Alloy roll cage bar Set for1 5 HPI Baja 5b Parts KM ROVAN rc car Parts
- Aluminium-Dibond image 100 x 70 cm USA gruge flag , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Zinniaya MJX Bugs 8 Pro B8 PRO 5.8G 720P FPV Camera Brushless Motor RC Racing Drone
- color05 60\ WinfreyDecor Camo Home Throw Blanket Cute Sweet Pattern in Pink Tones Feminine Design Girlish Vibrant Artistic Sofa Chair 60 Wx60 L Magenta Hot Pink Grey
- WENJUN Wall Art Picture 3 Panels Modern Stretched And Framed Sea Beach Pictures On Canvas Wall Art For Bedroom Home Decorations,3 colors,2 Sizes ( color E , Size 7070 cm )
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn