SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Mooshka Doll - Deava by Mooshka Tots nnulcl3356-New toy
- Free Shipping RC Boat Model Propeller 6717 4-Blades Copper Propeller for RC Gasoline Boat Diameter 67mm Pitch 1.7 Right Left Positive
- Thea Gouverneur 16 Count Counted Cross Stitch Kit, 23-5 8 by 17-3 4-Inch, Cow on Aida
- ZSPPPP Binoculars High-Definition Low-Light Low-Light Night Vision Glasses 20x22 Binoculars
- Moslion Flamingo Throw Blanket Watercolor Pink Bird Wildlife Animal Flamingos in Water Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 50x60 Inch for Couch Bed Pink bluee
- Trampolines Foldable Kids Fitness Trampolines with Safety Pad, Indoor Adult Exercise Bounce Equipment, 40 inch, Max Load 150 kg, colors Optional
- Star Trek The Original Series U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Bobble Head Ship
- ZPWSNH Multifunctional Engineering Ladder Folding Step Stool Home Extension Ladder Thickening Ladder Ladder Black Step stool (color 5 step)
- Duel Masters DMC-55 flop Legend 7 BOX (japan import)
- Black Closed Eyes bluee Striped Doll Reborn Baby 22 Inch Realistic Kids Gift for Ages 3+Play House Game
- Men's Canvas Backpack Travel Duffel Backpack Bag Large School Bookbag 3-In-1
- Tissue Paper Fan Collection - 5 Large Assorted Fans (Sea Breeze - Mint Teal Turquoise 18 and 13 inches)
- Silver 36 Elegant Sexy Women's shoes Stiletto Pointed Professional shoes Women's High-heeled fashionable
- Megahouse The Idolmaster 2 Miura Azusa Brilliant Stage PVC Figure by Megahouse
- 14k Yellow gold Shiny Round Cable Link with 2 Station Puffed Heart ID Bracelet
- 3 Step Stool Ladder For Adults Iron Folding Stepladder With 3 Steps Small Kitchen Portable Storage Shelf Flower Racks (color orange)
- Lupin III DX prefabricated stylish figure - The Castle of Cagliostro ver.3 Lupin Clarice set of 2
- Yu Gi Oh Japanese Kaiba Vol. 2 Structure Deck
- ASdf Bar Stool European Style High Stool Adjustable Chair with Back and Armrests Home Black Stool 360° redating Stool
- Toy Cubby Red Fart Sound Classic Prank Whoopee Cushion - 4 pcs
- Zonxn Baby Bedroom Bedside Creative Lamp Gift 3D Led Novelty Night Light Basketball Modelling Desk Lamp USB Sports Goods Light Fixture
- Eaglerich Car Seat Adjustment Button Diamond Decorative Covers for M-ercedes Benz New C-Class C200L C180L GLC260 GLC200 GLC300 gold
- E KXBYMX Modern minimalist chair hotel chair home solid wood stool coffee chair - home stool (color G)
- Johnnie-O Men's Nole Woven Button Down (purple XL)
- Doppio Cafe Europe Sofa Cover Floral Spandex Stretch Sectional Slipcovers Elastic All-Inclusive Couch Cover for Living Room 15, Single-Seater
- Europe Style Floral Printing Spandex Elastic Predective Slipcovers Sofa Cover Stretch All-Inclusive Couch Cover for Living Room 23, Three-Seater
- LsWOW Moving Blanket Owl,Cute Baby Owls Waving in The Floral Tree Springtime Artful Girly Design Print,Pink Green White Blanket for Sofa Couch TV Bed All Season 50 x60
- RenteriaDecor Black and White,Outdoor Curtains Botanic Wedding 42 X63 Print Picture Drapes for Iving Room
- Cardfight Vanguard TCG Pencil Koala (GBT02 088EN) G Booster Set 2 Soaring Ascent of Gale & Blossom
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn