SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Playmobil Super Set Dream Garden nnulcl3856-New toy
- 18K Yellow gold Swirl Earring Backs Jumbo 9mm (1 Pair)
- Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn 24 Pk-Red Balloon
- Fityle Mini Stirling Engine Motor Model Educational Toy Kits, Hot Air Steam Powered Toy, Physics Experiment
- Pop Heroes DC Comics - The Flash (Limited Metallic Chase Edition) 10
- Keruite Cute Walking Singing Electric Dogs Plush Toys for Kids
- HG Gundam 00 Core figure Gashapon set Part 3
- Size 2 Balloon Felt Wall Hanging bluesh by Oon Home Size Size 2
- Jumbo Bingo Shutter Cards 10-pk - Green
- GX-57 1 625 Space Battleship Yamato Soul of Chogokin Metal Figure
- Kuresan AD cut hemp canvas F25 issue (japan import)
- 67m LPKH Tarpaulin White Tarp Sheet Waterproof Sunscreen PVC Cloth Parking Shed Cloth Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover (Size 6 8m)
- Nightmare Before Christmas The Mayor, Series 1 Action Figure
- LYLLYL Character Model Anime Ornament 28cm Series Crafts Souvenirs Model toy
- GoHands WORKS [K] animation original copyright Collection Vol.2 (japan import)
- Intermediate clothing sailor clothes set size m color white snow sailor
- BuitenSpeel Toys GA255 Circle Set Wooden Block Art and Design Activity, Multicolor
- Minerva Crafts Sticky Back Self Adhesive Acrylic Felt Fabric 12 Square Royal bluee - per pack of 100
- Disney Phineas and Ferb Exclusive Across The 2nd Dimension PVC Mini Figure 8Pack Alternate Dimension Pack Phineas, Ferb,
- Brooklin 1 43 Scale BRK6 008 - 1932 Packard Light 8 Metallic Silver Grey
- Yu-Gi-Oh card DP15-JP030 torrent funeral (Normal) Yu-Gi-Oh there'll [DUELIST PACK - Kojiro siblings Hen -]
- RC4WD Ballistic Off Road Morax 1.7 Beadlock Wheels Z-W0118 8 Spoke BLACK Scale
- Warmfamily Paisley Summer Quilt Comforter Iranian Hippie Themed Spiritual Textured Floral Ornament Persian Artwork Digital Printing Blanket 60 x50 Chocolate Sand Brown
- golden 38 Elegant Sexy Women's shoes Stiletto Pointed Professional shoes Women's High-heeled fashionable
- Clearprint 1000H Design Vellum Roll, 16 lb, 100% Cotton, 1 Each Vellum 18 Inches W x 50 Yards Long Translucent White
- Farmerly 1pcs Flower Leaf Pattern Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Spandex Furniture Covers Decoration Covering Hotel Slipcover 001 I, Two seat
- Disney Frozen Girl Bicycle, bluee
- color04 70 x90 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Pastel,Exotic Pattern with Palm Leaves on Geometric Background and Grunge Look Aloha Beach,Multicolor for Bed & Couch Sofa Easy Care 50 x60
- Piko 38706 Santa Fe Work Caboose
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn