SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Demo-Man of Universe Classics Action Figure the Masters nnulcl4189-New toy
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- Fleischmann 685602 Next18 N Gauge Sound Decoder with Feedback
- Another One Bites The Dust - Murder Mystery Game for 8 Players
- Cottage Garden Sister Always Heart Natural Taupe Wood Locket Petite Music Box Plays How Great Thou Art
- Pink Watercolour Polka Dot Flamingo Fill In Party Invitations, set of 10 including envelopes
- LEGO Disney Cars Exclusive Limited Edition Set 8423 World Grand Prix Racing Rivalry
- KIMSAI Trend female personality rivet casual wild fashion backpack Student bag Light outdoor travel bag Large capacity backpack Travel package Leisure mountaineering bag,Green,25 15 33CM
- Building Block Brick Party Favor Supplies - 24 Brick Pencils and 48 Brick Erasers for Birthday Favors Carnival Prizes Or Teacher Classroom Rewards
- Team Associated SC28 Lucas Oil Body
- 1PCS Flycolor 50A 70A 90A 120A 150A Brushless ESC 2-6S RC Boats Waterproof ESC with BEC Water Cooling System for RC Jet Boats 150A
- Plaid Pattern Thick Plush Sofa Cover Winter All-Inclusive Stretch Furniture Slipcovers No Armrest Folding Sofa Bed Cover 1PCs Purple, Three Seater
- T&H Home Fuzzy Weighted Blanket Red White bluee Blankets, colorful Stripes Warm Flannel Throw Blanket for Baby Girls Boys Adult Home Office Sofa Chair Cars 40 x50
- Through the Ages Board Game by Through the Ages
- LEGO Creator Bike Shop and Cafe 31026 Building Toy
- Barbie Wedgewood Doll Collector's Edition
- London Boutique Decorative Crystal Glass Apple Tree 6 Crystal Clear Multi Coloured Apples Giftware Present bluee Gift Box (Clear)
- White and Grey Sectional Sofa Slipcover Geometric Patterns Living Room Seat Covers 1pc Universal Couch Predector 100% Cotton hai cao, 90cmX240cm 1pc
- Ultra Pro Accessories D&D Owlbear Gamer Pouch
- Infinity Haqqislam - KTS, Kaplan Tactical Services by Corvus Belli
- Magic the Gathering - Broodmate Dragon - Unique & Misc. Promos - Foil by Magic the Gathering
- color13 31 x 47in BEICICI Art Design Photos Cool Quilt The Forbidden City in Sunset Fashion Ultra Cozy Flannel Blanket
- WYTong Bikes for kids Kids Bike 36YearOld Bicycle Inflatable Tires With Stabilizer Bikes
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn