SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
TGI 4337 Gig Bag Acoustic Bass Guitar Padded for nnulcl689-New toy
- 1996 Toy Story 16 Pull String Talking Woody
- Zoomy far Style Beige Cotton ed Sofa Cover Slip canape niture Couch sectional fundas de Sofa SP3751 per pic, 110cm110cm
- Trademark Fine Art Vapor 2 by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- Topps 2007 Draft Picks And Prospects Football HOBBY Box - 24p5c
- XavieraDoherty Outdoor Blanket,Ahoy Its a Boy,Ahoy Written with Nautical Wheel Striped Nursery Wall Art Design,bluee Pale bluee White,300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Up North Memorabilia Jamie Dornan Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Autograph Display 50 Shades of Grey + COA
- Caoyu Vintage bookshelf, multifunctional wall storage shelf wrought iron solid wood partition pipe rack Bookcase storage shelf
- Compact Travel Edition Fisherman's Knot Tying Kit Game by Ramco Games
- Generic 1 700 46004 NX4 Japanese Navy Airplane Carrier Akagi Unassemble DIY Model
- Good Smile Shining Hearts Melty PVC Figure
- Hansa Adult Skunk 14 Hansa Plush
- Collapsible Kitchen Colander - Over the Sink Kitchen Strainer By Comfify 6-quart Capacity bluee & Grey
- Jersey Knit 2 pc. Cot Size Camp Sheet & Pillowcase - Navy
- USA American Flag Shutter Shades Fun Novelty Plastic Party Sunglasses (Pack of 100)
- Marvel Avengers Titan Heroes Comic Handset Marvel The Avengers US Captain Super Movable Boxed Handset Model
- JT Crafts Artist Brushes-24 Pack
- (A2-594x420MM) - Harry Potter Elves Dobby Poster (A2-594x420MM)
- Bahama Kendama Full Crackle Grand Bahama Kendama - Yellow over Green
- color15 42 x63 (W106cmxL160cm) NUOMANAN Curtains for Living Room Kids Birthday,Present Wrap Like Image with Chocolate Cake Figure and Kitten Party,Baby bluee and White,for Bedroom,Nursery,Living Room 42 x45
- Toys 'R' Us Limited Edition Petite Blythe romantic arpeggio new genius composer (japan import)
- Josepsh colorful Cozy Flannel Blanket 60x32 Inch Doodle Style Lively colord Daisy Blossoms Artistic Cheerful Fun Garden for Kids Print Digital Printing Blanket Multicolor
- Beihai1Sun Green and bluee Blanket Small Quilt Ombre Style Triangle Coverlet 60x32 Inch
- Farmerly Universal Elastic Sofa Cover Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater 20, Four seat Sofa
- He-man She-ra Masters of the Universe Classics Exclusive Action Figure 3 Pack Star Sisters Starla Jewelstar Tallstar Mattel
- Leopard Backpack 16 by Fiesta by Fiesta Toys
- Halloween Women Costume Movie Cosplay Outfit Top Jacket Pants with Accessories for Adult Fancy Dress Clothing 2018
- Trademark Fine Art Bazaar Patchwork Pattern IVA
- Kiddie Furniture Polish Cabin Bed with Mattress and Drawer (Weight Capacity 150 Kilogram) (70 x 140cm, White)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn