SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Dragon WWII German Kar-98k Weapon Set Models nnulcl1023-New toy
- My Hero Academia roar acrylic stand Hanami ver
- MaxTronic RC Excavator, 2.4G 1 14 Remote Control Construction Toy Bulldozer Vehicle Model Engineering Car Toys for Kids
- 3 Twin yiranjiafang Unicorn Series 3D Bedding Set Print Duvet Cover Set Lifelike Bed Sheet (4, Twin)
- LI JING SHOP - green Acrylic Mahjong card, Home Hand rubbing large Mahjong, size L-3.7 2.8 2.2CM ( color 002 , Size L-184.108.40.206CM )
- Music box - unpainted 3 angels - painted and harp 15.0 cm Music box NEW
- Handmade Letter Pillow Letter Cushion Nursery Decor Throw Pillows Gifts for Girl
- Star Wars Air Hogs Tie Fighter Drone
- Disney Exclusive Beauty and The Beast 6 Piece PVC Figurine Playset
- US Stamp - 1979 Vietnam Veterans - 50 Stamp Sheet - Scott 1802 by USPS
- INJORA RC Car CNC Metal Front Rear Axle for 1 10 RC Rock Crawler Car Axial SCX10 Front
- Chef Select Ergo 1774 Solid Spatula with San Handle orange
- Pink Expo International Products Black
- Educa Borras Puzzle Camp Nou (1000 Pieces)
- Star Trek 12 Wrath of Khan Admiral James Kirk
- YIWANGO Cosplay Costume Magic Pants Horseback People Spoof Walking Pants Party Performance Props
- 500-limited Shining Tears white Neige HJ Limited Edition (1 7 scale PVC Figure) (japan import)
- Sportagraphs Peter Lorimer SIGNED FRAMED Photo Autograph 16x12 display Leeds United AFTAL COA PERFECT GIFT
- EA Sports Controller with Two TV Games
- Hot Off The Press - How to Make Handmade Books
- Schleich Dragon Knight King On Horse Toy Figure
- Khaki home Kids Square Travel Pillowcase Penguin Snowman Ice Floe Square Throw Pillow Covers Cushion Cases Pillowcases for Sofa Bedroom Car W 20 x L 20 2 pcs
- Sailing Boat DIY Oil Painting by Numbers Kit Paint On Canvas Home Wall Art Picture,50x65cm
- RCMP Royal Canadian Mounted Police John Steele Exclusive Edition
- KISS Spaceman Series 4 Monster Album 8-Inch Action Figure by Figures Toy Company
- FREEing Oreimo Kuroneko PVC Figure (Maid Version)
- Khaki home Hedgehog Square Slip Pillowcase colorful Spiky Animal Square Kids Pillowcase Cushion Cases Pillowcases for Sofa Bedroom Car W 20 x L 20 2 pcs
- RenteriaDecor Dandelion Super Soft Blanket Baby Shower Theme Velvet Plush Throw Blanket 60 x36
- Buick Le Sabre Concept Car (Turquoise Metallic) 1951
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn