SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
N Peter Streetcar w DCC, Baltimore Witt Spectrum nnulcl1189-New toy
- Star Wars Clone Wars Animated 2010 Figure and Vehicle BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper Jesse
- CELEMOON 16-Inch Kids Soft Foam T-Ball Baseball Set Toy, 8 Different colord Balls, Carry Organize Bag Included, for Kids Over 1 Years Old
- Glass Beads of Swarovski Elements Bicone 4mm (Light colorado Topaz-AB), 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Shanghai Skyline at Lujiazui Pudong Central Business District Fun Design All-Season Blanket Bed or Couch
- Close-WORST coherence-of-style Vol.2 TFOA 7th The Front BOX (japan import)
- Goolsky Wltoys 18428-B Climbing RC Car 1 18 Off-Road Car 2.4G 4WD Electric Rock Crawler RC Toys
- Purple XXLarge Morphsuits Original Fancy Dress Costume
- Breyer Cow and Calf Set Toy by Breyer
- Educational Advantage EA-566 Double Octagon Block, 48 Pieces
- Star Wars 31 501st Legion Clone Trooper Figure (with Bonus Chewbaccca Flashlight)
- Electric Gyro 7500 r m Gyroscope with Gimbals Precision Mechanical Metal Gyroscope Anti-gravity Creative Technology
- Universal Elastic Sofa Covers for Living Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Strech Sofa Slipcover 1 2 3 4 Seater colour12, Two-Seater
- Farm Country Hat Box Puzzle - 1000-Piece
- Brandoodles The Brand Name Guessing Game Fun Family NEW
- Emax RSII 2306 Motor Race Spec CW CCW 1700KV 1900KV 2400KV 2600KV Brushless 3-6S for FPV Racer Drone Quadcopter 1900KV CW
- 2Pcs String Trimmer Head for Lawn Mower Echo Speed-Feed 400 Heads SRM-225 SRM-230 SRM-210 b
- RONER Life-Size Teddy Bear Giant Stuffed Animal Big Cute Plush Teddy Bear Gifts for Kids Brown 67 Inches 5.5 feet
- 1 Pair LDPOWER FR2305 2-4S CW CCW 2300KV 2600KV Brushless Motor for FPV Racer 2300 CW CCW 1 Pair
- 1 32 Roman SPQR Warriors Figure Playset (16 w Shields, Weapons & 4 Horses) (Bagged)
- Clouday Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Warm Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,The Wheel of Bicycle Black and White,39x49inch
- Familytaste Rubber Duck Art Stickers Fun Baby Duckies Circle Artsy Pattern Kids Bath Toys Bubbles Animal Print Ready to Hang for Home Decorations Wall Decor 32 x36 Pink and Yellow
- Fidgeto Sensory Fidget Bracelet (Extra Small, Brown)
- Tamakore Punipuni cheeks mascot Gintama (BOX)
- Hot Wheels 2003-030 First Editions Red & Black Bugatti VEYRON 1 64 Scale Highway 35 by Hot Wheels
- Flight High CW Prop Wood Wooden Propeller for Gasoline RC Airplane Plane 14x10 22x10 23x8 23x10 24x8 24x10 27x10 28x10 32x10 28x10
- Jungle Safari Welcome Baby Shower Balloon Decoration Kit
- Planet Toys Dokumushi Kozou Limited Soft Vinyl Japan Toy Figure - (Hideshi Hino
- Barbie Collector Pillow Talk Doris Day And Rock Hudson Doll Gift Set
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn