SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Card Game - Fun Party Games Adults Teens - Best Family Board Games Indoor Outdoor nnulcl1689-Card Games
ADULT GAMES - 360 crazy game cards for young adults - college university teenagers and juniors
YARD GAME - play it outside in camping or backyard with drinking games - group card games and cooperative games for families
EASY trivia board game is like a memory game or charades - meme - mime but more interesting toy
FUN GIFTS - a top game box set is a cool funny birthday presents for teens and friends
- Animal Head Mask Popular Cosplay Animals Mask Full Head Animal Mask Cosplay Carnival Costume Moving Mouth Dog Mask For Party For Party Fun Animal Mask Furry Mask ( color Black , Size 2525 )
- BloomerangDIY Unfinished Basswood Guitar Body Guitar Parts for SG Style 22 Frets Guitar
- Trademark Fine Art Stacked Around I by Grace Popp, 14x14
- Anyangeight Dragonfly, Digital Printing Blanket, Dragonfly Figure Over Little Circular Spots and Dots Kids Cartoon, Digital Printing Blanket, （W50 x L60 Inch Lime Green Pale bluee
- Kumkum Puzzle 45 Piece 3d Assembly Puzzles Yoshi by ensky
- Throw Blanket with Tuscan Decor Collection Tuscan House with Rustic Wooden Door and Flowers Image Living Kids Girls Room Dorm Accessories Yellow Pink Red Green Salmon Super Soft and Coz
- Bloody Wall Backdrop 4ft x 30ft (Standard) by CoolGlow
- Hello CARBOT Movie Theater Version Animation Anime The Secret of Island Omparos Animal Fish Shark Carbot A-Shark Transforming Trasformation Action Figure Figurine Toy Robot
- KXBYMX Shower stool bath stool wooden shower seat pregnant women elderly aluminum alloy non-slip bathtub stool shower chair - home stool
- Shin Getter Robo Armageddon Getter 1 Full Mantle by Aoshima
- Walthers HO Cornerstone Main Street USA Perfect Perk Caf Kit by Walthers Cornerstone
- US Toy Company VL72 Glow Mini Lizards-36-Pc
- Easy Model 1 72 Scale Jagdpanzer IV German Army 1944 Model Kit by Easymodel
- Sweet Dreams Cot Kids Mattress Starter
- MATCHBOX 2015 RELEASE orange FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR 118 120
- 1 Piece Brown Sofa Cover Plant Printing Soft Modern Slip Resistant Sofa Slipcover Seat Couch Cover for Living Room SC00201, 110x110cm
- Baoblaze Flysky FS-i6X 10-Channel 2.4ghz FPV Radio Transmitter with FS-iA10B Receiver
- All-Inclusive Flexible Sofa Cover for Living Room Elastic Stretch Modern Geometric Printing Couch Cover Slipcovers cubre Sofa color 20, 1seater 90-140cm
- Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends TrackMaster Talking Percy
- Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm US Version
- Toynami Robotech 30 Anniversary Miriya's VF-1J Transforming Veritech Fighter
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Black and Grey,Pattern with Fern Leaves and Big Flowers Abstract Scroll Garden Art,Black and Grey Flannel Blankets Super Soft Warm Thick Blanket for Home 50 x60
- Taskboard TB0950 70cm x 100cm Basswood Tone Modelling Board 0.08cm Thickness
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Rudolph & Hermey by BHTB
- Coffee aristocracy Life-size tapestry Aoyama KiyoshiKaoru hot spring bath towel Ver.
- McFarlane Sportspicks NFL Series 10 Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins 6 inch Action Figure
-  Academy plastic model kits 1 48 F-15K SLAM EAGLE ROK AIR FORCE
- Magic the Gathering Plague Boiler Ravnica
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn