SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
324. Rock Around the Clock Heavenly Angel Playing Mandolin With Decorative Base Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song - Tiny Bubbles (Lpobber Don Ho) - SWISS Choices nnulcl1856-New toy
- Rugrats Embroidered Logo Snapback Hat
- Generic Racing Traxxas Summit E-Revo Revo Aluminum Piggyback Reservior Shocks RVO128AR06
- Hot Wheels DGD30 Double Booster Power Train
- Sportagraphs CLIFF RICHARD HAND SIGNED & FRAMED AUTOGRAPH PHOTO MOUNT DISPLAY MUSIC GIFT COA
- 1 24 Real Sports Car Series No.57 McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail Le Mans 1998 41 (japan import)
- Yoton HRB 1300mAh 2S 3S 3.7V 7.4V 11.1V Lipo Battery T Dean XT60 Female Plug 45C 14.8V 18.5V 22.2V 1S 4S 5S 6S for Drone Toys RC Parts - (color 2S 7.4V T Plug)
- Scooter Kick Folding Kids Kick with Adjustable Handrail, Adults with Extra Wide Wearresistant PU Wheel, Reinforced Deck, 100kg Load (color Black)
- GMT Battle for Normandy Expansion Kit for the Base Game by GMT Games
- Style Me Up - i-Loom Friendship Bracelet Making Creative Crafting Kit with Tablet Application Support - SMU-8001
- 500 sheet A4 size 65 face margin four sides with rounded corners-One (A-one) printer for label paper label (32500 pieces) L65AM500 (japan import)
- Spider-Man Web Wars Box Set 4 Action Figures by Spider-Man
- Play-Doh Crazy Cuts Playset Creative Hairstyles and Extra Play-Doh Rainbow Starter Pack 16oz (Bundle of 2 Items)
- In the Breeze Rainbow Tube Tail Patriotic Patriotic
- Farmer Technic Tractor with Frontloader and Trailer
- Lego Speed Champions LaFerrari 75899
- A QYSZYG Outdoor Folding Table Can Be Portable Portable Folding Table Multi-Function Folding Table Lifting Design, Three Heights Can Be Set Folding Table (color A)
- Burgundy One Size Alexanders Costumes Pharaoh
- Earthy yellow 3x4M LPKH Tarpaulin Shade Netting - Sunblock Shade Cloth Mesh Shade Tarps,Shade Mesh (color Rust red, Size 3.6x3.6m)
- Hampton Nautical Decorative Patriotic Lifering Mirror, 15
- 20185232 Full(78 x90 ) Anjos Stars Grey Brief Polyester Microfiber Duvet Cover Set Bedsheet Pillowcases Bedding Set 3pc Twin Size 61 x80 (155x205cm)
- Tent for Kids, Princess Tent Castle with Play Mat, Durable Girls Pop Up Playhouse for Indoor Outdoor Games, Have Fun in The Pink Fairy Party Play Tent, Portable Large Age 2-5 Girl Toys Prefect Gift
- Ness amiibo - Super Smash Series - Super Smash Bros. Series Edition
- How to train your dragon 2 sheep launcher game
- VINTAGE Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Steel Tec Mega Sized Constructon System by Remco
- DC Batman Brave and the Bold Total Armor Action Figure Cyclone Shooter Red Tornado
- Set of 5 Peasant Girls Wooden Russian Nesting Dolls 5.5 Inches
- Bowling Pin Mouth Tongue Out Sports Clip Art Vinyl Wall Decal Vinyl Peel And Stick Sticker Wall Decal Picture Art Graphic Design Image Decor 60X20
- Model Kit Magical Little Girl Decorations Action Figure Great Fans Gift Idea 26 cm 10 inch
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn