SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
AdMania (The Game of Trivia) Adgreenising nnulcl2356-New toy
- Lyjfzkjgs Large Jumbo Inflatable Giant Sunglasses Yellow Duck On Rideable Blow Up Summer Fun Pool Toy Lounger Raft For Adults With Rapid Valves,Car Air Pump
- Anime Keychain Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 joc Dragon Ball One Piece Sailor Moon Naruto Pretty Astro Boy acrylic
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00230-C1414GG Floral Medallion Ii by Vision Studio Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Round Card Holders with Carrying Storage Case, Black (6-Pack of 4)
- Pit Bull Tires RC PB9005NK 1.55 Growler at Extra with Komp Kompound Crawl Tire
- D DOLITY 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY House Kits with Furniture Accessory DIY Handicrafts Project (Barbecue Shop & Beancurd Mill)
- Blesiya 1 6 Scale Rubber Skin Europena Shape Female Steel Body for 12inch Kumik Phicen Toys
- Indoor Fun Fluffy Packable Play Indoor Snow Kit with Moulding Tools
- Maisto 1 18 Pontiac GTO (1965) Metal Die Cast Car [Special Edition]
- Danner Men's Lookout 5.5 Plain Toe Black Boot
- CARISMA RC M40S 1 10 Touring Car Brushed RTR Drift Lotus Exige V6 Cup R (190mm Width)
- Green & White Stripy Deco 10th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Holiday Decor Gifts Sidewalk Chalk Assorted Fun Colours Washable & Non-Toxic (Chalk & Bubble Wands)
- Paper Superhero Bulletin Board Calendar Kit (with Sticky Notes)
- Joy Christmas Standing Sign, 6 Ct
- 1510 Battino - Dexterity toy by Selecta Spielzeug
- Semroc Flying Model Rocket Kit Hydra One KA-18
- 1 2 3 4 Seater Solid Sofa Cover Spandex Modern Elastic Polyester Couch Slipcover Chair Furniture Predector Living Room 6 colors purple, Two Seater
- Stool 3 Step Stool Ladder,Solid Wood Folding Portable Ladder Stool,home Climbing Wooden Stool multi-function Three-step Stool fishing Stool (color C, Size Onesize)
- Kira Deco Seal Art DP-08 Kira Deco seal Art Deco magical pen
- Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Couch Throws Soft Lightweight Cozy Plush All-Season Microfiber Luxury Blanket Stadium Throws - 40 x 50 Inch Fairytale Flower Fairy
- SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 SDHC UHS-I Memory Card (16GB SD Card x 2) + Xtech Starter Kit for NIKON Coolpix W300 W100 A300 A900 A10 A100 AW130 S33 S9900 S5700 S6900 S3700 S2900 Digital Cameras
- Hyzb Car Model Car 1 18 Lamborghini Murcielago Simulation Alloy Die-casting Toy Ornaments Sports Car Collection Jewelry bluee 22.5x10.8x5.5CM
- (Large, Black) - Mirage Pet Products 70-35 LGBK Groom Screen Print Soft Mesh Harness Black Large
- Glass Baron Footprints in the Sand Figurine by goldia
- Removable Window Cling window No Glue Anti-UV privacy film,Non-Adhesive Decorative Static Cling Window Shades Privacy Stained Glass,For Decor Bathroom Kids Room Sliding Door Office Kitchen ,45(17.72in)100(39.37)cm
- DIY 5D Diamond Painting Cross Stitch Embroidery Mosaic The Girl Playing The Piano Room Decor
- Bowen Designs Marvel statuette Ms. Marvel Warbird 30 cm
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn