SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Lundby 60.2027.99 Cooking and Set Dining nnulcl2523-New toy
- Vasque Breeze III GTX Men's Boot 11 2E US Black-Bungee Cord
- H2H Mens Slim Fit Single One Button Blazer Jackets for Party WHITE US XL Asia 2XL (KMOBL046)
- World Peacekeeper 12-Inch Action Figure Set - Parajumper by Peterkin
- SODIAL 8807W 2.4Ghz 0.3MP 420P Camera WiFi FPV Foldable Drone 6-Axis Gyro Altitude Hold Headless Mode G-Sensor RC Quadcopter
- [Puella Magi Madoka Magica] Akemi Homura (1 6 scale Fashion Doll)
- Nursery Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Cute Cartoon Style Queen Rabbit Yellow Haired Girl Flowers Slug Tea Cups Stacked Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- In the Zone, Puzzle No. 406, A Terry pink Sports Original by PSI, Inc
- My Little Pony Art Pony - 2009 bluee Collectors Pony
- Zing Air Hunterz Z-Curve Bow Standard Packaging
- Paperhues Pink-Yellow-Brown Decorative Paper Pad 8.5x11 40 Sheets. Forever Collection. Specialty Handmade Origami Papers for Gift Wrap Cards Scrapbooking Decor Art & Craft. Celebration Pad.
- 100% Pure Tin Foldable Basket DAHLIA (Regular)
- JZG Cosplay Costume Stool Feces Inflatable Clothes Halloween Christmas Outfits Make-up Party Clothing Toys
- Hobbyboss 1 350 - HMS Agamenon
- HONEY BLONDE Eleanor Mercer Royal Black Ver. 1 7 Scale PVC Figure
- Marvel HeroClix Ant-Man Box Set by WizKids
- Uni-Ball UB-157 EYE 24 Piece Black and bluee Display Unit
- Vivid Red operations figure - Akane & bluee all set of 2 (japan import)
- Pink 16 inch DUO Kids' Kids Bikes 12 inch, 14 inch, 16 inch, 18 inch, Boy's Bike and Girl's Bicycles, Gift for Kids
- Trademark Fine Art Festive Foliage IX Art by Anne Tavoletti, 14x14
- DIY Oil Painting Paint by Number Kit for Adult Kids - Painted Abstract Green Trees,16X20 Inch
- Womens Deluxe The Simpsons Duffwoman Costume Size Large
- M -Type2042 Marvels Avengers Batman Thor Hulk Captain America Thanos Iron Man Ant-Man Deadpool PVC Action Figure Collectible Model Kids Toys - Superhero Toys for 4 Year Old Boys
- Ver.5 Monkey E D E Luffy separately One Piece The Movie Warudokorekutaburufigyua Strong World
- Post Malone Signed 16x12 Framed Photo Display Music Autograph Memorabilia COA
- Flying Frog Current Edition Shadows of Brimstone Derelict Ship Board Game
- Y-H HY Replacement shoes Stool Wood Retro Wind Open Cover Storage Stool (color BROWN, Size L60CMXW30CMXH42CM)
- Cabinet Foot Furniture Foot Sofa Leg Support Foot Support Leg Tv Cabinet Increase Foot Tea Table Leg Cabinet Foot Support Accessories
- American Girl Grace French Bakery Counter Shelf Display for 18 Inch Dolls with Donuts NEW
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn