SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
ALZRC -Hex Screwdriver Tool Kit - Black 01 - H1.5 H2.0 H2.5 H3.0 nnvros3356-New toy
- Free Shipping RC Boat Model Propeller 6717 4-Blades Copper Propeller for RC Gasoline Boat Diameter 67mm Pitch 1.7 Right Left Positive
- Thea Gouverneur 16 Count Counted Cross Stitch Kit, 23-5 8 by 17-3 4-Inch, Cow on Aida
- ZSPPPP Binoculars High-Definition Low-Light Low-Light Night Vision Glasses 20x22 Binoculars
- Moslion Flamingo Throw Blanket Watercolor Pink Bird Wildlife Animal Flamingos in Water Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 50x60 Inch for Couch Bed Pink bluee
- Trampolines Foldable Kids Fitness Trampolines with Safety Pad, Indoor Adult Exercise Bounce Equipment, 40 inch, Max Load 150 kg, colors Optional
- Star Trek The Original Series U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Bobble Head Ship
- ZPWSNH Multifunctional Engineering Ladder Folding Step Stool Home Extension Ladder Thickening Ladder Ladder Black Step stool (color 5 step)
- Pokemon Card Sun & Moon Decidueye-GX Starter Set Grass Korean Ver.
- Flames of War German 7.5cm PaK40 Platoon (winter) by Battlefront Miniatures
- Cypher Wheel Decoder and Top Secret Dissolving Spy Paper Bundle with Bonus Cypher Text Article - Use This Fun Tool Kit for Passwords, Messages, Magic Tricks and Games - for Kids, Adults, History Fans
- Mikuni factory aluminum suspension arm friend-kun 2.5mm bluee ASA-025BL
- Vintage Posters Rosie the Riveter Jigsaw Puzzle 1000pc by Buffalo Games by Buffalo Games
- Beyerdynamic DT-290-MKII-200 80 Headset with Dynamic Hypercardioid Microphone for Broadcasting Applications 80 Ohms
- TY Pluffies Icicles Snowman with Hat
- Dr. Comfort Carter Mens Casual shoes Black Wide Size 11.5
- Minichamps 155361018 1 18 Auto Union Typ C-Bernd pinkmeyer-Winner Internationales Eifelrennen 1936
- Family Mart Limited Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku Orchestra Fair proliferation Sticky
- Xi Man Shop 3 Steps Step-stool in Wood Folding Portable Ladder ladder stool classic ladder stool stool ladder minimalist Stable high stools flower racks desk shelves (Size Normal)
- Wall Stickers Peacock and Magnolia tree Wall Art Murals Removable Self-Adhesive Decals Nursery Kindergarden Kids Room Restaurant Cafe Hotel Home Decoration
- Carl's Bubbloid 5x5x4 - Black Body
- color02 60 x50 Weave Pattern Extra Long Blanket (60 x60 ) Throw Size for Kids Boys Women Men All SeasonFloral Globe Amaranth Flowers Pattern Nature Beauty Blooms Petals Botany Eco Artful Print Multicolor.
- BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Shark,Kids Nursery Pattern with colorful Cartoon Silhouettes of Marine Wildlife Creatures,Multicolor Winter Luxury Plush Microfiber Fabric 35 x60
- Garcia de Pou 1000 Unit Burger Wrapping Paper Times 32 GSM in Box, Greaseproof parch, Assorted, 28 x 34 x 30 cm
- Elastic Stretch Universal Sofa Covers Sectional Throw Couch Corner Cover Cases for Furniture Armchairs Home Decor Beige, 2 Seater
- Mah Jongg Rack - Clear Multi-color Set of 4
- EEBOO Paper Dolls Fold-to-Mail, 1 EA
- HTZ Portable Lazy Sofa Back Support Floor Chair Pink Adult Meditation Seminar Read TV Watch Game Fully Assembled + (color bluee)
- JZX Footstool, Work Bench, Beauty Stool, Shower Stool, Wooden Stool, Stool, Small round Retro Stool
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn