SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
CORAMDEO Outdoor LED Wall Lantern Wall Sconce Replace 75W Traditional Lighting Fixtures 800 Lumen Water-proof ETL and Star Certified 2-Pack 9.5W Energy nnvros3523-New toy
- Baby's First Piglet - Fisher Price
- Spin Master Games Disney Beat the Parents by Spin Master Games
- ZSUO Weighted Blanket for Kids 50 x60 Inch Fleur De Lis,Digital Grunge Lily Emperor Flag Victorian Kingdom Imperial Theme Print Purple White colorful Home Couch Outdoor Travel Use
- KFZ Bed Set 4pcs Bedding Set Cartoon Animal Design Duvet Cover Without Comforter Flat Sheet Pillowcase XS Twin Full Queen King Rock Bear Sweetheart Champion Star (Little Bear, Pink, Queen，78 x90 )
- Pattern24 W63 x L45 Kids Blackout Room Darkening Curtains Vibrant colord Gummy Bears Candies Delicious Jelly Sugary Snack Chewy Sweet Taste Curtain Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Generic RC Mini Shark Fish Toy Drink Can Radio Remote Control Rc Animals Toys Boat Submarine Birthday Gift Electronic Water Game Toy Black
- YuGiOh Pandemonium (DCR094) Dark Crisis 1st Edition Common
- Just Like Home 120 Pieces of Play Food by Just Like Home
- New 1 18 Accessory - Canopy Set with Chrome Frame Red & bluee by American Diorama
- Wallace & Gromit - Wash 'n' Go Playhouse
- Fila Men's FX-100 Fashion Black Fila Red High-Top Sneakers shoes Sz 9.5
- Red White Large California Costumes Women's Mrs. Claus Deluxe Adult
- K'NEX K-Force – K-25X redoShot Blaster Building Set – 214 Pieces – Ages 8+ Engineering Education Toy
- Iwako Cute Yellow Seal Eraser From Japan By by Iwako
- Tonka Toughest Mini Lights & Sound Sheriff Cruiser
- Generic 5 Sets lot Walkera Vitus 320-Z-06 Front Arm Tripod Spare Parts for Walkera Vitus 320 RC Quadcopter
- In Stock Foxeer Predator Micro 1000TVL 1.8mm 110 Degree M8 Lens Super WDR FPV Camera with OSD DC5V-40V Latency VS Runcam NTSC Black
- Pintcolor 7818.0 Frame with Printed Canvas Colouring, Fir Wood, White Black, 40 x 50 x 3.5 cm
- YEHO Art Gallery 39x49 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,colorful Cartoon Goat Letter G Animal Pattern,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch
- Weighted Blanket for Kids，Green,Abstract Soft color Shades Summer Eco Nature Theme Faded Tones Display,Apple Green Fern Green,Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- L-QN Rectangle Polyester Table Cloth Princess Castle Cartoon Like Image on The Hill with Sunset Image Art Print Rectangle Table 70 x120
- Little Treasures Kid Play Dishes Pretend Play Kitchen Tea Playset
- Dynamite Platinum Sensored ESC Timing Blinky 13.5T Limit
- Learning Resources Smart Snacks Stack 'em Up Doughnuts
- LXF Step stool Folding Ladders with Handrail, Lightweight Single Tier Footstool, Non-Slip Step Ladder, Household Stool Collapsible (color PINK)
- Chessex Manufacturing Chessex Velvet D10 Bright bluee Silver (10)
- Trademark Fine Art Kanari Square I Indigo Art by Melissa Averinos, 14x14
- Gund 4054312 Ganley the Hedgehog Screen Cleaner bluee by GUND
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn