SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
CORAMDEO Outdoor LED Wall Lantern Wall Sconce Replace 75W Traditional Lighting Fixtures 800 Lumen Water-proof ETL and Star Certified 2-Pack 9.5W Energy nnvros3523-New toy
- Baby's First Piglet - Fisher Price
- Spin Master Games Disney Beat the Parents by Spin Master Games
- ZSUO Weighted Blanket for Kids 50 x60 Inch Fleur De Lis,Digital Grunge Lily Emperor Flag Victorian Kingdom Imperial Theme Print Purple White colorful Home Couch Outdoor Travel Use
- KFZ Bed Set 4pcs Bedding Set Cartoon Animal Design Duvet Cover Without Comforter Flat Sheet Pillowcase XS Twin Full Queen King Rock Bear Sweetheart Champion Star (Little Bear, Pink, Queen，78 x90 )
- Pattern24 W63 x L45 Kids Blackout Room Darkening Curtains Vibrant colord Gummy Bears Candies Delicious Jelly Sugary Snack Chewy Sweet Taste Curtain Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Generic RC Mini Shark Fish Toy Drink Can Radio Remote Control Rc Animals Toys Boat Submarine Birthday Gift Electronic Water Game Toy Black
- YuGiOh Pandemonium (DCR094) Dark Crisis 1st Edition Common
- Globe Short Brown size S W-CS80-003-BR-S (japan import)
- Leaf Pattern ofa Over Tight All-inluive ofa Over Elati ofa Towel nit lipover lipover 1P 16, 4 eat
- [Reuters Porcelain] [Miniature] Party Table RP1814-6
- (Twin, Classic Sports) - Laura Hart Kids Classic Sports Quilt with Pillow Sham, Twin QS6090TW-2300
- Dark bluee 36 Elegant Women's Single shoes Peas shoes Sponge Cake A Pedal Lazy shoes fashionable
- Steiff Melly Rabbit Plush Animal Toy, Blond
- Generic 4pcs 2020-3021 Aluminum 2.2 Beadlock Wheel Rim & Super Swamper Rocks Tyre for RC 1 10 Model Axial Traxxas HPI Silver-Red
- Generic Assembling Motorcycle 16030 Honda Monkey 2000 Commemorative Edition 1 6 Brown
- Sperry Top-Sider gold Cup Sport Casual Sneaker
- Geometic Spandex Sofa Cover Stretch Slipcover Elastic Sectional Couch Cover for Living Room canape Salon Sofa cubierta Predector color 7, 4-Seater 235-300cm
- Scratch Off World Map Large World Map Scratch Map International Scratch World Travel Map
- 3D LED Night Light Table Desk Lamps 3D Optical Illusion Visual Lamp 7 colors Touch Table Desk Lamp for Christmas Birthday Gift goldfish
- BeuFresh Spider Web Decoration, Stretch Spider Webs Indoor & Outdoor Decoration 100g Spooky Spider Webbing with 30 Fake Spiders
- 56cm Nest of 3 Vintage Style Heart Hanging Frames White Connected By Rope
- Xiang Ru Solid color Bedding Sheet Set with Pillowcases Flat Sheets Fitted Cover White Twin-3 Piece Set
- Drone with Camera Foldable FPV RC Quadcopter for Adults Boys Toys kids Beginners Gift Wifi Live Video VR Gyroscope Aircraft Altitude Hover Remote Control,White-720P
- Haoh Taikei Ryuu Knight - Ryu Wizard Magidora [Limited]
- Universal Monsters Select Metaluna Mutant Action Figure
- Pokemon Pokemon Trading Card Game - Plasma Blast Theme Deck - Solar Strike [Toy]
- Hobby and Work Warner Bros Looney Tunes 3D Collection - Complete series 30 METAL FIGURE
- Disney Tinkerbell Best Friends Fairies Jewel Ring Favours Pack Of 18 One Size
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn