SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
TECHNIQUE DU HAUTBOIS RATIONELLE DES GAMMES VOLUME 3 PAR ETUDE nnvros3856-New toy
- 18K Yellow gold Swirl Earring Backs Jumbo 9mm (1 Pair)
- Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn 24 Pk-Red Balloon
- Fityle Mini Stirling Engine Motor Model Educational Toy Kits, Hot Air Steam Powered Toy, Physics Experiment
- Pop Heroes DC Comics - The Flash (Limited Metallic Chase Edition) 10
- Keruite Cute Walking Singing Electric Dogs Plush Toys for Kids
- HG Gundam 00 Core figure Gashapon set Part 3
- Size 2 Balloon Felt Wall Hanging bluesh by Oon Home Size Size 2
- YSDHE Car Model Car 1 18 Dodge Challenger RT Simulation Alloy Die-casting Toy Jewelry Sports Car Collection Jewelry 26.3x10x7.5CM
- SGLOI Student backpack Fashion School Backpacks for Teenage Girls Canvas Women Laptop Back Pack Female Cute Japan and Korean Style Backpack Travel Bags
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Spike
- Classic Floating Pool Lounger (bluee White) by Poolmaster
- Hongge Reborn Baby Doll,Lifelike Princess Girl Reborn Doll Inch realistic Silicone Real Touch newborn babies Toy with Clothes Kids Birthday Xma S Gift
- Spiral Roller Rail Alloy Vehicles Kids City Parking Garage Toy City Car Truck Vehicle Auto 2 Storey Play Set for Kid Gift A2
- Bloomerang13.5 Stainless Steel Time Capsule Waterproof Container Storage Future Gift
- MindWare Q-BA-Maze 2.0 Lights (Deluxe Set)
- 374. Thank Heaven For Little Girls Gorgeous Baby Grand Musical Piano With Bench - Over 400 Song Choices - Yellow Ribbon - SWISS
- Topps Lord of the Rings The Return of the King 36 Pack Trading Cards - Update Edition
- Jabadabado H13086 Rocking Elephant, Grey
- In NHK English Oh Let's play ABC Book of sounds
- BelleAckerman Cool Blanket Kids Birthday,Cartoon Seem Party Image Balloons Boxes Clouds Cake Celebration Image Print, Pale Pink Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 35 x60
- greypner Servo Lead Extension, 22 AWG 1000mm Futaba
- Weighted Blanket for Kids，Yellow Decor,Round Floral Style Ombre Print with Spiral Paterns Vintage Artwork Print,golden Yellow,Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Heunec 237773 MISANIMO White Lion Lying Down 50 cm White
- 1-Step LXLA- Aluminum Alloy 1,2,3-Step Stool Household Folding Ladder Stool Adult Thicken Scissors Ladder For Home, Workshop, Garage (Size 2-Step)
- Grey 34 Elegant Sandals With Sexy Fish Mouth shoes Women's Super High Heel fashionable
- Fytoo 3PCS 7.4V 600mah Lithium Battery with 1 to 3 Charging Conversion line for XK K130 six-Channels brushless Without aileron 3D Stunt Helicopter Accessories high Rate Aircraft Model Battery
- Creative Collections 16 pack Spooky Bottle Labels, Halloween, Peel & stick
- 6 Pack Gift Card Maze Puzzle Money Fun Challenge Gag Christmas Present Holder by MAGNIF
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn