SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Generic Special Edition - NORSCOT 1 32 - Challenger MT865C Agricultural Tractor 58622 nnvros4023-New toy
- Carcassonne Princess and The Dragon
- Mommy & Me a 500-Piece Jigsaw Puzzle by Sunsout Inc. by SunsOut
- ALIREA Watercolor Crane with Flowers Pattern Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- POP Marvel Deadpool Cowboy SDCC Exclusive
- Daler-Rowney System3 Ink Introduction Set of 6
- ALIREA Quilting Thoughts Pattern Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- PacknWood Rippled Paper Hot Drink Cup, 16 oz. Capacity, Black (Case of 500)
- Bust GK Resin Model Statue Anime Ornament 23cm Gift Series HBZY
- Masked Rider 555 PC cushion
- Yu-Gi-Oh - El Shaddoll Construct (DUEA-EN049) - Duelist Alliance - Unlimited Edition - Ultimate Rare
- Farmerly Slipcovers Sofa Flower Pattern Cove Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa One Two Three Four seat 2, Two seat Sofa
- Luvabella Brown Hair, Responsive Baby Doll with Real Expressions and Movement, for Ages 4 and Up
- Polyester Sofa Cover Elastic Spandex Stretch Pastoral capa de Sofa Cover funda Sofa Slipcover Printed 1 2 3 4 Seats A 2 seat
- Sunkee Kingdom Hearts Sora Cosplay Costume, Tailor made (email us your size), Size S 155cm-160cm
- Disney Sea 15th anniversary Jeratoni SS size stuffed Wishing Together TDS15th Duffy [Tokyo Disney Sea Limited]
- Funko POP Sports NHL Washington Capitals Braden Holtby Action Figure (Bundled with Pop Box Predector to Predect Display Box)
- GLJ Folding Chair Lazy Chair Sun Lounger Outdoor Leisure Chair Beach Chair Folding Chair (color Coffee color)
- Trademark Fine Art Aqua Medallions VI by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- Losi 1 6 Super Baja Rey 4X4 Desert Truck Upgrade Parts Aluminum Damper Cap with Piggyback Reservoirs - 4Pc Set orange
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Ocean,Coconut Tree Beach Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- ForeverSpin Brass Spinning Top - World Famous Spinning Tops
- ALIREA Pattern with Lowered Lashes bluee Eye Smile Lip Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- HBZY Decoration Imitation Copper Peacock Practical Study Book Creative Decoration Resin Crafts Fashion Crafts Decorations
- Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Towel Couch Case Cover for Living Room 8, Three-Seater
- Wood Wooden Tractor CW Propeller Prop for Gasoline RC Airplane 14x10 16x6 16x8 18x8 18x10 19x8 19x10 20x8 20x10 22x8 22x10 23x8 20x10 inxh
- Swim Ring, Flamingo Swimming Ring, Floating Bed Unicorn Patch, Adult Swimming Ring, Load 150 Kg
- Bushiroad Sleeve Collection Mini Vol.139 Card Fight Vanguard G Ranunculus flower girl Asha
- Magic the Gathering Guul Draz Specter (92) Zendikar
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn