SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Foxeer Predator Micro 1000TVL DC 5V-40V Wide Voltage Multi-Functional Bracket Super WDR w OSD for FPV Micro RC bluee 1.8mm PAL Camera Racing nnvros4189-New toy
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- For pure software PNS BlackRavenClothing saloppetcasual dress up set beige X khaki (for)
- Slipcovers Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Couch case sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater color 11, 2 Seater(145-185cm)
- Xyanzi kids toys Ball Pit Play Tent for Kids - 6-Sided Ball Pit for Kids Toddlers And Baby Baby Crawl Playpen with Basketball Hoop and Storage Bag (color 500 ocean ball)
- Steiff Carlo Teddy Bear (Beige) by Steiff
- Corgi seddon atkinson eddie stobart strato curtainside lorry 1.50 scale limited edition diecast model
- Generic Rastar BMW i8 Diecast Toy Car Model Hot Diecasts Metal Vehicles Free Wheel 1 24 Collectible Toys for Boy Birthday Gift White
- QXMEI Doll Emulation Baby Doll Rooster Baby Cute Realistic High-End Creative Personality Gift
- 1.5 Ding old plum bluee ink for ink painting (japan import)
- Red Stripes Bbq Invitations Baby Shower Invitations
- Scale Limited Series 1 72 Mitsubishi Mitsubishi A6M Zero twenty-one type Special Edition to fight Zero Fighter photo collection limited kit 25167
- Original Motor Kits for Parred Bebop Drone 2 A C Positive Negative Motors for FPV Quadcopter Parred Drone Accessories 1 Piece A
- Cuddle Barn - Diggs the Power Pup
- Luxurious Sheer Curtains Exquisite Peacock Feathers Embroidered Window Treatment for Bedroom Living Room (1 Panel, W 50 x L 84 inch, bluee) 1300288C1BYBBU15084-8503
- OPRINT Home Decor Hipster Black Cat on Dark Bed Blanket Lightweight Comfy Soft Warm Blanket Throw Size 50 x 60 inches for Kids Boys Women Sofa Couch
- Lindner dT121a Germany East Germany GDR- dT Year 1949 to 1962
- Bamboo Fixed Circular Needles 16 -Size 0 2mm
- Sterling Silver Bracelet Double chain with skull clasp Brand New
- Fireplace Red XX-Large Digital Dudz Stuck Santa Digital Christmas Jumper - size Medium
- XuBa DIY redating Mechanical Robot Arm with Sg90 Steering Engine
- Neca Christmas Story Oldman 12 Action Figure W Sound
- 76CM×92CM HYYSH Household Folding Stool Ladder High Solid Wood Ladder Flower Stand Multifunction Stool (Size 76CM×92CM)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn