SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Funko EarthShaker (GameStop Exclusive) Dota 2 x POP Games Vinyl Figure 1 POP Compatible PET Plastic Graphical Predector Bundle 358 30631 - B] [ & nnvros4356-New toy
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- Yellow Brass 24 Gauge 18 Gauge, 14 20 pink Pink gold Filled, Round, Dead Soft - 25FT from Craft Wire
- USJ Limited Edition [Hula Dancer Minion Popcorn Bucket] Minion Goods
- NJYT Drone 2 Million Pixels Real-time Transmission RC Quadcopter Aircraft Height Hold Steady Headless Mode 360 Degree Flips One Key Operation LED Lights for Beginners ( color Red , Size A )
- CosFantasy Rachel redh Raven Cosplay Cloak & Jumpsuit mp004071
- Outtw Camping, Beach, Hiking, Beach, Picnic Tent Easy Set Up Super Water Proof Fits 3-4 Adults
- Tenshock 4 Pole Brushless Motor Viper 1520 Naviga,Boat,1 10 TS VZ1520 20T
- Yu-Gi-Oh - Kozmo Tincan (BOSH-EN082) - Breakers of Shadow - Unlimited Edition - Ultra Rare
- Huckleberry Hound (Hanna Barbera) Deep bluee Hikari Sofubi Figure by Funko
- 7 Baby Carriage Baby Trolley Can Sit Three Rounds of Shocks Can Be Folded Easy to use (color 1 )
- Hsxfl ArtCreativity Classic 3D Metal Pin Art Toy - 8in x 6in 3D Large Size Pin Art Board for Kids or Adults (Silver)
- Creative Pewter Designs, Pewter Full Body Labrador Handcrafted Dog Lapel Pin Brooch, Hand Painted Finish, DP412AF
- BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Crabs,Cancer Sign in Cartoon Tattoo Style Astrological Theme with Floral Details Hgoldscope,Multicolor Velvet Plush Throw Blanket 35 x60
- FANOUD Men's Hooded Jacket Ctton Pure color Winter Top Coat
- Flannel Fleece Blanket，Animal Decor,Hipster Monkey with His Surfboard and Glasses Drinking on Sandy Beach in Sunny Day Kids Theme,Multi,Throw Lightweight Cozy Plush Microfiber Solid Blanket 35 x60
- Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer 4X4 ( 85076-4) Upgrade Parts Aluminum Rear L-Shape Internal Damper (160mm) - 2Pc Set Red
- Sexy Victory Goddess Costume for Women
- Costume National bluee Skinnny Leg Jeans
- Plush fabirc Sofa Cover 1 2 3 4 Seater Thick Slipcover Couch sofacovers Stretch Elastic Cheap Sofa Covers Towel wrap Covering Plum, 4 seat 230-300cm
- Kesoto 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY Princess Doll House Kits Warm Cabin Kids Toys
- bluee 27.56in Tyrannosaurus Rex Animal Dinosaur Toy Cute Soft Plush Doll,orange,15.7in
- Preiser 14407 Animals Horses Package(26) HO Model Figure
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn