SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
SugarVeil Veil Mat - Extra Large Dot nnvros1356-New toy
- HBIAO Baby Activity Gym, Learning Baby Toys Jungle Piano Mat with redating Star Mobile and Star-shaped Projector Suitable for 0-36 Months Baby
- Mordarli Unicorn Ear Hat Plush Animal Hat Funny Headwear Bunny Movable Jumping Ears Hat Toys for Gifts Party
- Fujimi Model Kit - British Infantry Valentine Tank - 1 76 scale - 761039 - New
- Tony Mini 5x5x5 Ball - Stickerless
- Masctinen Krieaer Wintdr muta B.A.F.S. Spowman Gladiatar garly tyee wicter sppcification ann mbintenance aoldiers vet 1 20 scalc Glayiator Heighg cbout 14ck plastio moeel IK-049
- Zuul Gatekeeper of Gozer Ghostbusters Exclusive Action Figure by Ghostbusters
- Salmon pink × ice bluee apron
- Black High Back Folding Camping Chair, Aluminium Folding Stool for Camping Hiking Outdoors Fishing Picnics, Heavy Duty 441 lb Capacity,Red
- 1 Piece Brown Sofa Cover Plant Printing Soft Modern Slip Resistant Sofa Slipcover Seat Couch Cover for Living Room SC00201, 110x160cm
- Wheel Master Rear 26 x 1.5, WEI-519, Black, QR Alloy 5 6 7 sp FW, 14g Black Spokes, 36H by WheelMaster
- Lai olid olor pandex Elati ofa Predetor lipover Wahable Anti-y treth ouh eat ae Kid ofa uhion 5, Three Eater
- With key storage expert (for CD) width 59.5cm outstanding storage capacity made in Japan
- Frame Arms Girl Folding Container
- Hyzb Model Car Mercedes - Mercedes SLS 1 18 Analog Die Cast Alloy Toy Car Model
- Yyz Military series Russian T90 main battle tank military building blocks puzzle assembling spell insert toy birthday gift
- Farmerly Elastic Sofa Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater D, 3 Seater, Spain
- Minichamps 940113600 Maxichamps 1 43 Renault Alpine A110 - 1971 - bluee Metallic
- Red Floral Embroidery geometri quted Lip ofa Over for lig Room funda de ofa ouh Over P5106 Royal per pi, 90m210m
- Kato USA Model Train Products P42, Amfleet and Viewliner Intercity Express Phase VI, 4-Unit Set
- Halloween Pumpkin LED Plastic Flat Lights Electronic Candles Pumpkin Skull Head for Halloween Decorations Candles
- Crowe Stars 925 Sterling Silver Accessories Collar Flower Brooch pin Badge Flower Brooch pin Badge Crusaders Thai Silver Retro Brooch pin Badge do Old Men and Women
- YOYI-HOME Digital Printing Duplex Printed Blanket Indian Geometric Design with Lines Triangles Image Teal Cream Earth Yellow Dark Brown Summer Quilt Comforter W59 x H39.5
- If You Had to Choose - A Party Game That Makes You Think
- Waterproof Quilted Sofa Covers for Dog Cat Pets Cheap Living Room Armchair Furniture Predector Couch Sofa Mat 1 2 3 Seater 1, 1 seat
- Lego - Buildings - Designer Set
- How To Train Your Dragon Party Paper Cups
- Creative Balloons Celebrity 9 Latex Balloons, Decorator Royal bluee, Pack of 144
- Magic the Gathering Worldfire (158) Magic 2013
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn