SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
bluee Xuan Yuan Large cat Tree DIY cat Jumping Platform Supplies Luxury cat Ladder - 2 colors, 4 Styles Available Cat Tree (color bluee, Size A) pet B nnvros2189-Pets
- White Mountain Puzzles Cardinals and Friends - 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
- MTS 985V 4 4 Size Violin Case
- Beistle 66777-5 48-Pack Plastic Junior Firefighter Hats, Red
- Size 8 1 2 x 2 Solid Tyre Mijia Scooter Replacement Tyre Xiaomi Electric Scooter Spare Airless Tire 8.5x2 Rubber Tire for M365 Scooter
- LEGO Super Heroes Marvel Minifigure - Captain America (Age of Ultron Version)
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Staircase Stepladder Dual-use Climb 4-step Foldable Shelving Ladder Storage Shelf Household Kitchen Indoor Ascend shoes Rack
- SY COMPACT Lunch Bag with Zip Closure Lunch Tote Bag for Men Women and Kids Lunch Box Insulated (Coffee)
- Harrods (Harrods) Teddy Bear Harriet Bear (Large)
- Philos Leather Dice Cup in Polybag
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage Bathurst 12hour Endurance Race 2015 99 JM. Merlin J. Venter F. Yu 1 18 by Autoart 81507
- Farmerly Modern Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Slipcover Predector Spandex Stretch Elastic Removable Anti-Dirty Couch Case for Living Room 6, Tow Seater
- 20pcs lot 100% Mitoot Brand New SG90 Mini Gear Micro Servo for RC Car Boat Helicopter Airplane Trex 450
- Traditional Garden Games Garden Draughts
- 420. Wedding March (Wagner) Heavenly Angel Playing Mandolin With Decorative Base Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song Choices - Tiny Bubbles (Lpobber Don Ho) - SWISS
- JJJJD 1971Datsun 240Z Classic Sports Car Alloy Car Model, Simulation Collection Ratio 1 18Scale
- Helion Animus Aluminum Caster Block 5 Deg., orange by Helion
- CKH Household Thick Glass Hydroponic Vase American Countertop Creative color Wave Home Decoration
- Creek Ywh Nordic black and white plaid ins wind fabric tablecloth cotton and linen small fresh creative tablecloth living room rectangular coffee table cloth, fabric antlers, 140180cm
- Trademark Fine Art ALI4565-B1111BMF Femme Den I by color Bakery, Black Matte, Black Frame 11x11
- CatchStar Soccer Ball Pillow Fluffy Stuffed Plush Throw Soft Durable Sports Toy Gift for Kids Room Decoration Winter Style
- IPrint Throws Blanket 31st Birthday Decorations Super Soft Warm Comfy Large Fleece 3D Style Volume Figure Number 31 Greeting Celebration Theme (Adults 60 x 80 )
- WilliamsDecor Bed or Couch 60 x 35 Parred Lightweight Blanket Pastel colord Parreds Iris and pinks on Berry Background Retro Inspired Romantic Print Summer Quilt Comforter Multicolor
- Stuttgart 222 German Tram 1 24 Scale Wood & Metal
- White 2 Step Stool Kitchen Wooden Step Stool Ladder for Adults Solid Wood Folding Stepladder Portable Fold Up Footstool Multifunction Small Stool Bench (color White, Size 1)
- Heljan BOC13 100 ton BOC tank in BOC Gases livery with red stripe and GPS bogies
- Cute Cat in Mug Picture Painting by Numbers Modern Wall Art Picture DIY Hand Painted Canvas coloring Home Decoration Gift 50x60CM
- Allegro Huyer Infinite Stratos Charlotte Dunois Fate Zero Saber Gurren Lagann Nia Swimsuit Tamamo No Mae Caster Action Figure Toy- Nia no Box
- Star Wars Forces of Destiny Rey of Jakku and Kylo Ren Figure 2Pack
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn