SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Clayz - My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute Statue 1 8 Kuroneko 20 cm nnvros2523-New toy
- Vasque Breeze III GTX Men's Boot 11 2E US Black-Bungee Cord
- H2H Mens Slim Fit Single One Button Blazer Jackets for Party WHITE US XL Asia 2XL (KMOBL046)
- World Peacekeeper 12-Inch Action Figure Set - Parajumper by Peterkin
- SODIAL 8807W 2.4Ghz 0.3MP 420P Camera WiFi FPV Foldable Drone 6-Axis Gyro Altitude Hold Headless Mode G-Sensor RC Quadcopter
- [Puella Magi Madoka Magica] Akemi Homura (1 6 scale Fashion Doll)
- Nursery Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Cute Cartoon Style Queen Rabbit Yellow Haired Girl Flowers Slug Tea Cups Stacked Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- In the Zone, Puzzle No. 406, A Terry pink Sports Original by PSI, Inc
- 2 tiers Step Stool Homewares Folding Step Stool Chairs for Adults & Kids Aluminium Small Folding Anti-Slip Ladder Portable Stepladder Storage Shelf Flower Rack (Size 2 Tiers)
- ToySource bluee Rio The Parred 34 Plush Collectible Toy, bluee, 34
- Pleatco PFW60 Replacement Cartridge for Fox Wall-Pak-80 1 Cartridge
- SCHUCO 450101901 Studio I Assembly kit with figures
- gold1080P LOLOP UAV GPS Wifi Professional Aerial Photography Accurate Positioning Low Electric Return Aircraft Quadcopter
- KLEDDP Toy Model Movie Character Toy Statue Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Punishers 36CM Toy statue
- Mini Tabletop Billiard Game Set, Billiards Game Includes Game Balls, Sticks, Chalk, Brush and Triangle Portable and Fun for the Whole Family,bluee
- Forcheer Elastic Sofa Cover Stretch Geometric Tight Wrap Furniture Predector Spandex All-Inclusive Couch Case Sofa Towel 1 PC color 7, 2 Seater 145-185cm
- 1 2 3 4 Seater Print Floral Sofa Slipcover Fashion Couch Cover, Grey Sofa Cover Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater K062, 1 Seat 90-140cm
- Flarp Fart Noise Poo Toilet Putty (Pack of 12) by JA-RU Squish It to Make Fart Sounds Item 333-12
- Mtxc Kingdom Hearts II Sora Oblivion Cosplay Prop Keyblade Silver
- AMT 1 25 Scale Fruehauf Beaded Trailer Van Model Kit
- Trademark Fine Art My Greenhouse Fruit II by Lisa Audit, 14x14 Canvas Wall Art
- Smallbeefly Plaid Digital Printing Blanket Checkered Pattern Vintage Squares Tartan Motif Abstract Traditional Summer Quilt Comforter 60 x50 Vermilion Dark bluee White
- Qualatex 18 Inch Anniversary Confetti Balloons
- Disney Descendants C1928 Descendants DD Premium UMA Fashion Doll
- Farmerly New Arrival Sofa Cover Towel Slipcover Elasticity Stretch Polyester Sofa Covers Soft Fabric Couch Cover for Living Room Decor 02, Three seat 190-230cm
- Capsule MOOMIN Moomin figure mascot whole set of 6
- BelleAckerman Baby Blanket，Letter W,Uppercase W Nature Influences Butterfly Freedom Inspirations of Summer Kids,Green Multicolor,Super Soft Light Weight Cozy Warm Plush Hypoallergenic Blanket 35 x60
- RenteriaDecor Cars Travel Throw Blanket Kids Toys Play Time Velvet Plush Throw Blanket 60 x36
- Wood color XITERStep Stool 4 Step Ladder Ladder For Adults & Kids Wooden Folding Stepladder Wood Small Foot Stools Indoor Portable Ascend Ladder Flower Rack (color Wood color)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn