SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Wyrd Miniatures 1056 Guild Relic Hunters by Wyrd Miniatures Set Box nnvros2856-New toy
- High Speed Full Metal Slip Ring 2A Channel 6 12 18 24 Circuit 12mm Mini Slipring Conductive Capsule Slip Rings with Hole Hollow 18 Channel
- Dragon Shield 100 Sleeves - Red by Dragon Shield
- The 5D DIY Diamond Painting Cartoon White Owls 3D Diamond Painting of Diamant Painting Embroidery Animal Gifts,45x60cm
- Style Me Up - Giant Tattoo Fixation - Oriental Art by Wooky
- Warmfamily Taupe Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket Bed Couch Simple Artistic Pattern Ring Shapes Grungy Display Brushstrokes Vintage Style Throw Blanket 60 x50 Taupe White
- RC Logger Multicopter-GPS Board suitable for NovaX 350
- Glow Racing Track Set Glow in The Dark Car Track Cool Toy Boys Gift Assembly Toy Car Track with Led Light Mini Rail Car 304pcs with 1 car
- QFFL Chair Solid Wood Computer Chair Simple Home Writing Chair Stool 2 color Optional Outdoor stool (color B)
- Modern Decorative Elastic Sofa Cover Solid color Fashion Sofa Slip for lig Room Stretchable Couch Cover Cushion Purple, 3 Seater
- Nia Jax with Slammy Award WWE x Basic Series Action Figure + 1 FREE Official WWE Trading Card Bundle (DXF96)
- Shelves ZHANGRONG- 3-tier Solid Wood Bookcase Bamboo Simple Living Room Bookshelf Storage Rack Landing Shelf - Wall decoration (Size 352570cm)
- Star Wars Rogue One Party Supplies - Party Pack for 8
- Duffy and ShellieMay the Disney Bears Plush Set - Valentine's Day - Small - 9''
- Zicue Stylish Charming Bracelet Exquisite Ornaments delicate bracelet Bracelet Bracelet Bracelet Multi-Layer Leather Cord Christmas Decoration Bell Tassel Pendant Bracelet ( color B )
- Drift car for JZX90MkII light set Komisumi PLASTIC PARTS (12 lights) SD-90LS (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Border Collie lying, 23.5 inches, 60cm, Plush Toy, Soft Toy 2695
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn