SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Wyrd Miniatures 1056 Guild Relic Hunters by Wyrd Miniatures Set Box nnvros2856-New toy
- High Speed Full Metal Slip Ring 2A Channel 6 12 18 24 Circuit 12mm Mini Slipring Conductive Capsule Slip Rings with Hole Hollow 18 Channel
- Dragon Shield 100 Sleeves - Red by Dragon Shield
- The 5D DIY Diamond Painting Cartoon White Owls 3D Diamond Painting of Diamant Painting Embroidery Animal Gifts,45x60cm
- Style Me Up - Giant Tattoo Fixation - Oriental Art by Wooky
- Warmfamily Taupe Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket Bed Couch Simple Artistic Pattern Ring Shapes Grungy Display Brushstrokes Vintage Style Throw Blanket 60 x50 Taupe White
- RC Logger Multicopter-GPS Board suitable for NovaX 350
- Glow Racing Track Set Glow in The Dark Car Track Cool Toy Boys Gift Assembly Toy Car Track with Led Light Mini Rail Car 304pcs with 1 car
- LPKH Tarpaulin Tarp Ground Sheet Cover,Outdoor Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Canvas Tarp Sheet Thick Wear (color Green, Size 3 5m)
- Hot Wheels Fast and Furious set 2015 -8 cars-
- Pinky Soft Full Vinyl Silicone Body 23 Inch 57cm Real Touch Life Like Reborn Baby Doll Realistic Newborn Baby Dolls Girl Toy Christmas Gift
- HeroClix Batman 129 (Uncommon) - Hypertime by HeroClix
- Marvel Comics Year 1993 The Uncanny X-Men Series 5 Inch Tall Figure - The Evil Mutants Brood with Attack Action and Trading Card
- Generic 1 Set Modify Parts for Tamiya Mini 4WD Racing Car Model Version Aluminum Alloy Wheels with Glass Fiber Plates red
- Disney Toy Story Talking Buzz Lightyear 12 Action Figure with Army Men
- Mattel Cars Movie Moments Buzz & Woody
- Swords Ranbu -ONLINE- trading strip posters troops participated 8 pieces BOX
- Red & White Stripy Deco 70th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- 2013 14 Panini Playbook Hockey Hobby Box NHL
- Revoltech Danboard Yotsuba& Action Figure .jp Box Version (2013 model)
- LsWOW Ultra Soft Flannel Fleece Blanket Llama,Cartoon Style Furry Animals with Mexican Folk Details Triangle and Cactus Kids Design,Multicolor Indoor Outdoor, Comfortable for All Seasons 50 x60
- Lulac Dangling Rabbit 16 by Steiff
- Plastic Masks Activities Box by Chenille Kraft
- CXQ Creative Triangle Cat Scratch Board Comfortable Breathable Cat Litter Sofa Cat Toy Pet Supplies
- Generic GTBRacing Rear tire (x 2pcs Set 17080) for 1 5 rc car hpi rovan Baja 5b ss
- Hasegawa 1 48 Japanese Army Nakajima key 43 Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa 3-inch flight No. 64 squadron plastic model 07468
- color07 52 W x 63 L Decor Room Darkening Wide Curtains Kids,Cute Monsters Pattern Dinosaurs Caricature Cartoon Style Funny Creature Playroom Print,Multicolor,Insulating Room Darkening Blackout Drapes 42 x54
- color15 30 x50 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Yellow and bluee,Floral Spring Nature Inspired Pattern Abstract Blossoming Flowers,Light bluee Marigold Soft, Fuzzy, Cozy, Lightweight Blankets 50 x60
- AmScope 3.5X180X Boom Stand Trinocular Zoom Stereo Microscope with Fluorescent Ring Light
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn