SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
MODIFY Set-SMOOTH 7mm Ver.2 3 (Speed 16.32 1) + Key CODE INT MOD270212 FACTORY Modular nnvros3023-Keyrings
- FELICIKK The Wooden Dog Puppet Doll Is Made By Hand,The Original Wood color (color Monkey)
- LEGO Elves 41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh Building Kit
- One Piece World Collectable Figure HALLOWEEN SPECIAL2 all eight (japan import)
- 150 gondola pastel colors set (japan import)
- No. 50 4000m roll COL.213 FUJIX King Rejiron F fuzzy sewing thread (japan import)
- Pokemon TCG 80255 Sun & Moon-Crimson Invasion Theme Deck-Kommo-O
- Matasuha Men's Dress Leather Belt Reversible redated Buckle Black 39 40 Waist
- LEGO Star Wars 7929 The Battle of Naboo
- Lalaloopsies Sew Magical Tea Set
- Light Weight 10oz Fabric Material MacTaggart Ancient Tartan 1 Metre
- HBZY Toy Statue Toy Model Movie Character Gift Souvenir Birthday Gift 11CM Collector Doll
- Generic 1 24 Alloy car Models laferrari Toy Vehicles Metal Alloy Diecast Car Model Pull Back Toy Car Model Electronic Car Kids Toy Gift
- Haba - Mijn eerste knikkerbaan - Transportrad
- Disney Frozen Anna 21 Doll
- Folkmanis Lucky Dog Hand Puppet
- X-Large Bayi Co........................ Mossy Oak Tuxedo Vest
- HOMETOWN COLLECTION Castle Drive 1000 Piece Puzzle by Hometown
- Oil Pastel bluee Grey by Sennelier Artists
- Bengal Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Asian Woman in colorful Dress Cartoon Style Figures on Paisley and Flower Backdrop Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- G caoyuHousehold step stool Solid wood folding step stool, kitchen portable footstool, adult home step stool. (color E)
- Pop frame A1 (japan import)
- Magnetic Tiles Building Blocks Toys, Magnetic Blocks Tiles - Building Set for Kids Deluxe 3D Stem Educational Construction Toy for Boys and Girls(113 PCS)
- Yu-Gi-Oh 19PP-JP006 Incarnation Flame Beast Aluminum Large [20th Secret Rare]
- Hubsan H502S H502E Accessories Battery parallel cable JST plug for long time flying 10pcs
- Farmerly No Armrest Folding Flowers Printe Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Couch Case Tight Wrap Elastic Slipcover line 20173990, 160-195cm no Armrest
- Alsohome Home DecorCushion Covers Sleeping Newborn Baby on a Blanket Decorative for Kids Adults 20x35.5 inch（Double-Sided Printing）
- DAVO 3336 Luxe stamp album Europe VI Cept 2010-2012
- My Little Pony Pinkie Pie 10.5 Plush Hasbro 4Th Dimension Entertainment
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn